ARC 3 - Part 13: The Nanite Apocalypse has officially begun

ARC 3: THE NANITE APOCALYPSE

PART THIRTEEN

The nanite apocalypse has officially begun

Zola took a few steps back, as the lady slowly approached him. She kept growling and snarling at him, and he jumped every time she made a sound. He bit on his lip nervously as his body began to shake rapidly. 

"Zola, what the hell is going on!?", Puleng was forcing herself to stand up but her wounded thigh kept forcing her to stay down. 

Zola yelped as the woman pounced at him. He moved to his left and the woman landed on all fours on the ground, growling. Zola did not hesitate, he shot her about three times on her back in defence, and she squealed like a wounded pig. 

The sound sent shivers down Zola's spine, it didn't sound at all human, it was as if she was possessed. He as well wondered what was happening. His jaw dropped in horror as the wounded woman now got up on her legs as if nothing had happened to her. 

She snarled at Zola, who gulped very hard as the woman pounced on him once more.

**TEN MINUTES AGO**

After Amo's speech, Mothusi was to take over. Like Amo, he thanked everyone for coming and for their support, then without wasting time, he got to the point, which was telling everyone about the new Nanochips that become instead of upgrade. 

As much as he was excited to tell about them, everyone in the room was excited to hear about them, as he went on, "Ladies and gentlemen, for over forty years, NanoCorp has made this world into a better place by offering a better living for all, and that was made possible with these Nanochips that can upgrade everything, from technology, to clothing, food and everything else.

"Now, from today on, things are about to get even more exciting;", He turned around to Thato and gestured him to come forward next to him, and he did so. Thato's smile widened when he stood next to Mothusi, who smiled to the crowd as well.

"Today is the day that everything changes; from today onwards, these chips won't be upgrading anything anymore...", He stayed silent for a moment to wait for the confused murmurs among the crowd to pass. 

People exchanged confused looks and furrowed their brows to what he just said. What did he mean by saying they won't be upgrading anything anymore? Isn't that what they're meant to do? How is that exciting? The questions never stopped flying across the room. 

"It only gets better, folks,", he continued as soon as the murmuring died down, "This new batch of Nanochips right here won't be upgrading anything, but instead, it will become anything and everything your heart desires!"

Gasps of amazement and interest sounded from among the crowd. Now everyone wanted to know how that would happen, "Before I show you how, let me first give you a brief history of how the first chips operated; a Nanochip feeds on DNA and matter of every object, and with that, it would understand the basic structure and functionality of that object and become part of it to make it better."

People in the crowd cheered and clapped their hands at that little information, and Mothusi put his index finger on his mouth to silence them so that he can continue, "Now, these new Nanochips however, they behave similarly to the older ones, because they are just like them but improved with Earth's AI technology."

"These Nanochips don't need any object to upgrade, you just tell them what you want, and since they're already loaded with many different kinds of DNA and material of any object, they will instead turn into whatever you want, but better!"