𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂 ❀ 11

The rest of Christmas was spent at the Potters, playing quidditch and chess and exploding snap and gobstones.

Jasmine had almost forgotten about the fiendfyre, and the pariah it had made of her, when she arrived back at Hogwarts.

Well, not really, but she had been trying not to think of it, or say anything around Harry, so it was only natural that it should disappear from her mind.

James and her went to see Teddy as soon as they arrived back, but he was still in his comatose state. His burns were doing a good job of healing, but were still visible. Jasmine felt so sorry for him.

"He'll be alright," James said, as he and Jasmine stood at the foot of his bed.

He chose not to finish that sentence, but Jasmine knew what the last two words would've been.

I hope.

❀❀❀

Classes began with a relish, so much so that the quartet had to sometimes go to the library to catch up.

However, on one such occasion, after being given a huge essay from Sanches to be finished in three days, they also found several members of their own year in the library as well.

Jasmine sat with Alice, James and Fred, trying to ignore the dirty looks she was getting from Anna, Freya and Vinda, or the not-so-secret whispers behind her back.

"Shut up!" She heard Al hiss at a boy. He was sitting with Scorpius in a small circle of first year Slytherin boys.

James rolled his eyes at his brother as Jasmine saw Scorpius shove the boy who had been talking about her in the shoulder.

Jasmine shook her head, turning to her three friends and saying. "I'll see you back in the common room."

She got up, trying to ignore the whispers, and the looks, and the eye rolls, and... everything else.

As she walked along the corridor, she tried not to feel terrible. So people thought she was controlling fire, who cares?

So people thought she was killing cats and almost people, who cares?

So people were whispering about her, and talking shit, but it doesn-

"Argh!"

She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed she had almost walked headlong into a-

Wall of... fire.

It was all across the corridor, flames up high, flickering and roaring and-

"Oh, I've got you now!"

Jasmine turned round, shocked, to see Anna Vane, spit flying from her mouth, her eyes deranged.

"What the f-?"

"Lighting fires in the corridors for fun?" Anna advanced upon her. "Just wanting to give your powers a try, did you? Not caring about anyone else getting hurt-"

"I didn't start this-"

"Look, I don't care what you say, but you killed Georgie, and you've been doing all the other stuff as-"