☆Ch54

⚠️Little fluff ahead⚠️

"Dad?" Eclipse glanced up at Doom after seeing Shadow disappear in the flash of light.
"Don't worry, Eclipse, he will come around eventually," Black Doom assured his young son while patting his head, earning a small purr from him.
"Something tells me, that it won't be so easy," Eclipse stated while rubbing his chin with his three-fingered hand.
"You might be right. That's why I am going to keep an eye on him," Black Doom replied and sent the Eye to the Seaside Island in order to watch Shadow secretly from the shadows.

~•~

In the evening, once Sonic, Tails and Miles were done gaming, Sonic bid the two foxes goodnight before heading back to Eggman's base in hopes of seeing Shadow there, because the hybrid could potentially return. And coincidentally, Shadow thought the same about Sonic still being in the base, most likely spending time with Maria. As soon as Sonic arrived to the base entrance, he could see a flash of light and the ebony male appeared right in front of him.
"Sonic!"
"Shadow!"
They called each other's names unisono before blushing and both averting their gazes awkwardly.
"Umm, I.. uh, let's go in?" Sonic asked with a sheepish smile on his face and Shadow just nodded in response as he followed Sonic inside. Eggman just freely let them in, knowing, that they mean no trouble to him or Maria. They both headed straight to Shadow's room, where the hybrid closed the door behind them and sighing he faced his blue companion.
"I'm sorry.. for earlier," he forced the words out of his throat while looking down, feeling ashamed of himself.
"Hey, me too! I went a little too far, I have to admit it," Sonic replied, feeling just as ashamed of his actions. Shadow lifted his gaze to look at Sonic afterwards and out of impulse tightly hugged him, before he would change his mind. Sonic stumbled a little while letting out a soft huff before hugging his lover back and gladly nuzzling his chest fur with his cheek, which he missed so much already. Shadow smiled in response and started stroking the other's quills while quietly purring, already feeling peaceful.

"Hope you don't mind me asking, Shads, but... where were you?" Sonic bravely spoke up after a while, as he lifted his head a bit to look up at his boyfriend.
"That's not really important, Sonic, trust me. I sulked it out and decided to return here in hopes of seeing you again. Glad, that I was right," Shadow replied calmly, refusing to tell him the truth about following his alien father and visiting the Black Comet. Sonic tended to believe him, so he smiled and nodded.
"I visited Tails and made peace with him again. He doesn't mind, if I stay away, he just wants me to keep this with me all the time," he gently shook his right wrist, where he had the communicator attached to it.
"Yeah, understandable. I am happy, that we got the drama off of our shoulders," Shadow replied calmly and smiled as well. Yet, he still had the informations about his creation freshly in his mind and was unable to shake them off, no matter how hard he tried. He felt an urge to tell Sonic about it, but that would lead to Sonic questioning, where he got these facts from and Shadow didn't want to worry him by telling him about the alien situation. It was his family business after all, plus he was just newly adjusting to the little change.
"Me too, Shads," Sonic glanced deep into the other's eyes, locking gaze with him for a long time without it feeling uncomfortable or weird. A good thing about being lovers with someone.

Shadow did the same and felt his heart speeding up, so did Sonic the longer they gazed into each other's eyes.
"Now, that we got a little time~" Sonic whispered in flirty tone and his eyes landed on Shadow's amazingly soft lips, licking his own he prepared himself for a kiss, which he planned to initiate. But before he could do so, Shadow already closed the gap between them and holding onto him tight he closed his eyes while kissing his partner deeply, soon adding more passion into it by involving his tongue, which surprised the blue hedgehog and caused him to turn bright red in his face. Yet, Sonic didn't wait for anything and separating his lips he let Shadow in while lovingly battling with his tongue and humming he became a purring mess along with his lovely hybrid.
"Chaos, Shads, since when are you this much of a kisser?" he spoke to him through the mind-link, finding out, that he was no longer blocked out.
"I've missed you, honestly," Shadow responded and ended up pinning Sonic to the wall while keeping his body close to him, loving the sensations Sonic's tender touches, rubs and shapes-traces brought to his system. He himself kept stroking the other's quills with one hand while resting his other hand on Sonic's arm and slowly sliding it lower he took Sonic's hand and interlocked their fingers to further deepen the moment between them.