☆Ch15

'Little messy' was for Sonic's shack sort of understatement and Shadow's cave, compared to the interier of this place, was neat and organized at least. Shadow stood in the center of the shack and slowly chewing the Wrap portion in his mouth he looked carefully around. Pure. Chaos.
"Y-You see, I haven't been using it so much recently, heh," Sonic rubbed his neck nervously after seeing the calculating expression on Shadow's face, also noticing him wear the sea-shell bracelet right above his glove tongue. It made Sonic feel touched.
"I saw worse, trust me," Shadow finally spoke up and averting his gaze from the chaos he moved it to his companion instead as he finished his dinner and scrumbling the napkin he respectfully threw it to a trash bin Sonic had in the very corner of the shack. Sonic liked the other's manners and now felt like a peasant comparing themselves to a royalty.

"O-Okay, but hey, I promise, I'll fix it tomorrow," Sonic replied with a sheepish smile on his face.
"Don't bother, hedgehog," Shadow shook his head and approaching the azure male he looked deep into his eyes, which emitted a soft gleam under the moonlight now getting in through the windows. Sonic felt his cheeks heating up at the close proximity Shadow stood in in front of him and nervously gulped.
"My, my, are we flustered~?" Shadow smirked, teasing his companion he felt his confidence being boosted.
"Shut up!" Sonic gently pushed the other's chest into a small distance, his heart was now beating much faster and as much as he hate to admit it, yes, he was flustered. Straight flabbergastered! Just how is this dark hedgehog doing it? Shadow chuckled, feeling victorious.
"S-So, what do you wanna do?" Sonic tried to quickly change the topic. The ebony male took two pillows and setting one on top of the other he then sat down on them, getting comfortable he leaned against the wall and looked up at his companion.
"What do you usually do?" Shadow replied with a question, avoiding a direct answer, for he himself didn't have really much any idea, what activities they could participate in right now.
"Oh well, run or sleep?" Sonic scratched the top of his head before descending on the lounge bag, which he moved a bit closer to where Shadow was seated, so he was right in front of him.

"That's it?" Shadow raised an eyebrow, actually having a different imagination of how the speedster lives. Sonic shrugged.
"Sometimes I visit my friends and we play some games or go out to the beach, but overall, yup, that's kinda it," he elaborated while looking at his visitor.
"Shadow... why did you decide to come in? Don't you usually just... vanish?" he then asked a question, that now burned his tongue before Shadow could react to the previous topic. The dark hedgehog looked away while crossing his arms.
"I don't know..." was his uncertain answer, which raised Sonic's curiousness.
"You don't know? Come on, buddy, you can surely come up with something better than just 'don't know'," Sonic didn't let this one slide, much to Shadow's discontent. The ebony male did have one good reason, why he decided to stay with Sonic instead of leaving like he usually did, but no way he would admit it. Due to the tornado of thoughts raging in his head he remained speechless.
"Admit it finally, you enjoy the time with me," Sonic grinned after a while of silence taking over the shack. Shadow rolled his eyes and huffed.

"As if!" he growled in response, but Sonic knew better right now, thus didn't get fazed by that.
"Awww, good to know~" he teased him and leaned a little closer to Shadow's flustered face. The hybrid finally looked at his companion and turned red in his face from how close the other was to him.
"What are you doing?!" he hissed, always turning his fluster into anger. He turned many emotions into anger, be it sadness or shyness. And Sonic got pretty well used to it by now, so he no longer misunderstood him. The speedster suddenly turned serious and gently took Shadow's hands to hold them, noticing, how the ebony male in front of him tensed up upon the touch. Man, just how long has he been living like this, all alone and thus getting used to the touch deprivation. He was surely trying to ignore his occassional cravings for a physical contact with another person, perhaps he even supressed them and maybe that's why he always acted so edgy. Sonic could see all this now.