☆, Chapter 20 Liancheng

Haishi arrived at Chaoyang's bedside carrying a bowl of medicine, her crescent-shaped eyes clear and bright.

"Madam... Miss, this is a medicine from my clan. Drinking it will help your body," she said, offering the medicine to Chaoyang as if presenting a treasure. "It's not bitter."

Chaoyang had just taken off her coat and was only wearing her inner garment. The color of the white undergarment nearly blended with her pale complexion. She was a bit annoyed by Haishi's casual intrusion, but Haishi's words captured her attention. If the medicine was indeed beneficial to her body, as Haishi claimed, then it was no empty talk about the Holy Clan's medicine.

She picked up the bowl and discreetly sniffed it. Although she couldn't clearly identify the herbs used in its preparation, she knew there was nothing in it that she couldn't drink. Without hesitation, she took a sip. After the faint bitterness, there was a refreshing taste, and it was indeed not too difficult to drink.

"How is it? Not too bad, right?" Haishi looked at Chaoyang expectantly.

Chaoyang nodded. "Thank you."

"You don't need to be polite to me," Haishi said innocently, with a contented heart masked behind her serene fairy-like face. In her mind, she believed that as the wife of the foreign star, once she pleased Chaoyang, the foreign star would surely be willing to help her in the future.

Haishi kept looking at Chaoyang with bright eyes. Chaoyang was itching to tell her that her foreign star was in Yunqi and that she was now the empress, but she kept reminding herself that revealing this information would only lead to trouble.

"I need to make a trip out. Please inform Shuwen," Chaoyang said after finishing the medicine. Not long after, she felt a warmth in her body. She didn't need to rely on her internal energy to maintain her vigor, and she felt much better mentally. The Holy Clan's offering was truly effective.

"You want to go out?" Haishi exclaimed in surprise. Because of her health, Chaoyang didn't like to move around much and mostly preferred to lounge on the recliner and read.

Chaoyang changed into a pair of knee-high white boots and said casually, "I will be back by rooster hour."

Haishi nodded and added, "What about Shuwen..."

Although Shuwen had some strong-minded traits and lacked the delicacy of a woman, she had grown accustomed to relying on Chaoyang these past few days. Chaoyang going out alone would surely make Shuwen very uneasy, right?

Speaking of which, why are Chaoyang and her servants different from ordinary women? Shouldn't she truly be the wife of the foreign star?

Haishi truly admires the foreign star, whom she has yet to meet.

The weather was clear, and the streets of the capital city were bustling with people coming and going.

Chaoyang was dressed in her usual attire-a blue jacket and a white gauze hat.

Liancheng Rice Shop, one of the top five rice shops in the southern lands, had been in business for over ten years and was considered an established brand.

As Chaoyang was about to enter the shop, she stopped as a gust of wind swept by. Seemingly casually, she reached out and swiftly grabbed the wrist of the person in front of her.

"What are you doing? Let go of me!" The voice, which had not yet passed through voice mutation, sounded particularly clear, indicating that the person was still a child.

Chaoyang lightly tapped the person's acupoints in a seemingly nonchalant manner. She initially intended to have the person taken away, but then she realized that she had ventured out alone. She lifted her eyes to look at the individual, who had attempted to steal her purse. Chaoyang had noticed before the person even reached her. She didn't like others touching her. As for the purse, didn't the person realize she wasn't carrying one?