☆, Chapter 15 Prison

Chaoyang ordered several people from the Southern Kingdom to be locked up in the dungeon.

"What does the imperial sister intend to do with them?" Chaohuang was taken aback when she saw that Chaoyang had just locked those few people in the dungeon.

Chaoyang calmly stated, "Send them back to the Southern Kingdom."

Chaohuang was surprised, "Ah? Imperial sister didn't say..."

Chaoyang interrupted with a flick of her sleeve, "But it's just to scare them; do you believe it?" Chaoyang glanced at Chaohuang.

"Ah? ...Well."

Chaohuang's face flushed, and she deftly grabbed Chaoyang's sleeve, leaning over with her whole body and said, "Imperial sister is really too bad, but I believe in your every word!"

"Step back." Chaoyang's expression changed, and the disgust in her eyes couldn't be hidden.

Chaohuang was stunned for a moment by the loathing in Chaoyang's eyes, feeling a bit sour... being treated coldly all the time, and she was showing her emotions to her for the first time like this.

Seeing Chaohuang's strange expression, Chaoyang broke away, not even giving her a glance, and left the study.

Chaoyang hated other people getting too close to her without her permission. Most people wouldn't dare to approach her without her permission, but this woman, Chaohuang... the disgust from that night when her earlobe was licked was still fresh in her memory, so she was very resistant to Chaohuang's proximity.

"I will leave after two months." Walking to the door, Chaoyang stopped and looked at Chaohuang, then suddenly said, "So, you should return my jade pendant."

Chaohuang turned around uncomfortably, not looking at Chaoyang. "Wasn't this a gift from the Imperial sister to me?"

She never even gave me a present... and now saying that she's going to leave... she never really cared about me. Chaohuang grumbled discontentedly in her heart.

Chaoyang extended her hand, her tone uncompromising, "No, give it to me. It's something left to me by my father."

"No, I won't!"

Chaohuang turned to look at Chaoyang and, seeing the unusually sharp look in her eyes, felt bitter in her heart, looking aggrieved and nearly pouting, smiling a little stubbornly and somewhat forced.

She wouldn't return it. Once it's in her hands, it's hers!

"Why are you behaving so immaturely again, just like before?" Chaoyang withdrew her hand, feeling somewhat strange as she was stared at with red eyes by the other party.

She's being coquettish again. Chaoyang felt a bit helpless. This royal princess was not only troublesome but also emotionally fragile. Was it really okay for her to be the queen of a nation?

"However, Chaohuang's temperament is really unpredictable. Sometimes she appears to have a bad temper, at other times she seems refined and courteous, and at times she is simply lively and even now, she is both childish and unreasonable.

"That jade pendant is intended for the legitimate lord. It's not suitable for you to keep," Chaoyang continued to explain upon seeing Chaohuang’s indifferent attitude.