Chapter 11: Gu Worm

Chao Yang felt once again astonished at the intelligence of her younger sisters. It was truly surprising that such descendants existed within the Chao Clan, even though the Empress, a profound and strategic figure, could give birth to daughters like these. Chao Yang couldn't help but mock them silently in her mind.

It was like a lion giving birth to a group of rabbits, something that was difficult to face directly.

These three younger sisters were no match for Chao Huang. Their fate might even be quite tragic. Chao Huang wasn't someone easy to deal with, no matter how one looked at her. This was what Chao Yang thought inwardly.

"Eldest Sister, please stay overnight in the palace. After all, many court matters still require your assistance," Chao Huang said, seemingly fond of addressing Chao Yang as Elder Sister. With a smiling face full of sincerity, there was nothing else apparent in her expression.

Chao Yang stood up and slightly bowed in response. Her manners and expression were impeccable, showing no signs of inadequacy or negligence. However, her face always carried a pale and weak look, with an unconscious air of laziness.

Although Chao Yang was a princess, truly standing above tens of thousands, it also meant that she had lost her right to inherit the throne. She could never rightfully ascend to that position. As for the future Empress, she too had to show respect. Even several untitled princesses had a higher status than her, as they were potential contenders for the throne.

Generally speaking, as long as the position of Crown Princess remained, it was impossible for the other princesses to ascend.

Chao Huang smiled and said, "Elder Sister, please return home and rest early. The next few days may require the assistance of all the princesses."

"We take our leave."

The few of them performed a respectful bow before leaving. Their reluctant gestures didn't show much reverence. Chao Yang remained silent in her heart once again, regarding her younger sisters' foolishness.

As they left, only Chao Huang and Chao Yang remained.

Currently, the Lin eunuch was attending to the empress in her chambers. The Wei eunuch, by Chao Huang's side, temporarily managed the internal affairs of the palace. He had been serving Chao Huang since he was young, making him one of the few people Chao Huang could completely trust.

Wei eunuch was young, appearing to be around twenty, yet he exuded a sense of composure.

"At this moment, seeing the master, Chao Huang hoped to have a private conversation with Prince Jin, so she quietly withdrew.

"Elder Sister, do you know what's going on with the Empress?" Chao Huang rested her chin on her hand, looking at Chao Yang. Her delicate and attractive face bore a resemblance to the Empress.

"I am not the Imperial Physician," Chao Yang replied calmly, her lips showing a hint of indifference.

Chao Huang smiled and said, "Oh, I see. I thought Elder Sister was omnipotent."

Chao Huang's lips were thin, and their color was even paler than Chao Yang's, indicating a cold temperament. Despite the apparent warmth and harmlessness in her demeanor, such people seemed only suitable for cooperation, not for deep connections.