Chapter 9 Teasing

Teasing

"Greetings, Princess Jin." Wan Xuan reacted quickly, signaling everyone to regain their composure and bowing respectfully to Princess Jin.

Princess Jin acknowledged the greeting with a nod.

They were all attendants of Her Royal Highness, the Princess, but they were not the main attendants. It was normal for her to receive their respects.

Princess Jin always maintained strict self-discipline, even outside or in private. She never lost her manners with others and always kept a safe distance.

Meeting Princess Xiluo's gaze calmly, her eyes clear and indifferent, not even a hint of a raised eyebrow.

Princess Xiluo fidgeted with her sleeve, struggling to maintain her composure.

"It's still quite lively out there. What brings you out?" Princess Xiluo couldn't hold back and blurted out, seeing Princess Jin's frail appearance.

"Thank you for your concern, Your Highness. I've been cooped up in the mansion all winter and felt like taking a walk outside," Princess Jin replied naturally, without reproaching the overstepping tone.

She sat down opposite the four women, gazing outside. The ice on the water had melted, and the green lake sparkled, a delightful sight.

Princess Xiluo fell silent at her words, feeling uneasy. Why bother approaching someone who clearly doesn't like you, even if they are Princess Jin?

Princess Jin remained silent afterward, simply watching the lake, her gaze focused and her eyelashes unusually long from the side, casting a mysterious shadow over her eyes.

Princess Xiluo reverted to her usual bold demeanor, the reckless smile on her lips not making her approachable. However, despite the awkward atmosphere and low spirits, conversation flowed under Princess Jin's guidance, avoiding a complete standstill.

When the topic shifted to Princess Xiluo's fiefdom, everyone instinctively glanced at Princess Jin.

Princess Xiluo's fiefdom was very prosperous, much better than Princess Jin's, with better territory as well. Yet, despite being the esteemed eldest daughter and a princess, the Empress's favoritism was painfully evident.

As the group turned their gazes toward her, Chao Yang paused slightly. She had been somewhat distracted just now and hadn't paid attention to what they were discussing.

Standing up, a gust of wind blew through the gap in her clothes, and the cold sensation made her face turn pale. Chao Yang touched her forehead; the cold was too much for her. Giving a nod to everyone, she said, "It's quite windy here. I, as Princess Jin, have always been fragile in health, so I'll head back first. The scenery here is excellent. You can stay a while longer."

Chao Yang's smile wasn't particularly warm, and its delicate nature made it hard to find fault with it, but its shallow curve held a surprising charm.

Even the usually composed Wan Xuan blushed at Chao Yang's smile.

Outside the pavilion, Shuwen lowered her head, waiting for Chao Yang to come out. In her heart, a myriad of conflicting emotions surged like a herd of wild horses and gentle lambs running side by side.