The Bottle

Wonwoo held his breath, the bottle was pointed right at Tzuyu. Mingyu was going to have 7 minutes alone with Tzuyu in the bathroom. Wonwoo felt the weight of his heart shattering, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

Tzuyu was looking right at Mingyu with her doe eyes, her eyelashes fluttering as he awkwardly smiled at her. The crowd was getting antsy, they had all been sitting there for about a minute unsure of what to do, but Wonwoo was just staring straight ahead. That was when he noticed Mina, sitting right across from him with a gentle smile on her face. She opened her mouth,

"Nice practice spin Mingyu!" She yelled out. Everyone looked at her in utter confusion, Tzuyu speaking after that.

"What?"

"Now the real first spinner can go." Mina added and all her girl friends around her nodded, following her lead. Wonwoo still felt tense, waiting for a response from Mingyu.

"I think that counts." Tzuyu said to her.

"Tzuyu... I don't think your father would like to know about the things you got up to at this party." Mina smiled, tilting her head to the side. Tzuyu gulped, backing down. "Great, Wonwoo why don't you spin it." He finally let out a sigh of relief, smiling at her.

Amidst the lively chatter and pulsating beats of the party, Minghao extended the green bottle towards Wonwoo, a knowing gleam in his eyes. Wonwoo's fingers closed around it, the cool glass a comforting weight in his hand as Minghao's smile conveyed silent encouragement. With a nod of gratitude, Wonwoo accepted the unspoken challenge, his movements deliberate as he lifted the bottle from Minghao's grasp. As him and Mingyu's eyes briefly met, Wonwoo felt the bottle moving his hand by itself. With a deft flick, Wonwoo set the bottle spinning, its hypnotic dance casting a spell over the room, drawing the attention of the revelers towards its mesmerizing motion. Junhui watched with a grin, his arm sliding around Minghao's waist.

As the music pulsed and laughter filled the air, the spinning bottle gradually slowed, its rotations becoming languid and deliberate. With each passing moment, the once vibrant began to wane, replaced by the everyone holding their breath. As if reluctant to release its hold on the attention of the room, the bottle's final revolutions stretched, elongating the anticipation that hung heavy in the air. And then, with a gentle sigh, it came to a rest. The top of the bottle pointing right between Minghao and Mingyu. Everyone looked at the two of them, confused as to what could happen next.

"Aha... No thanks." Junhui spoke, extending his arm out, pushing the bottle to make it face Mingyu.

"Then it's settled." Mina clapped her hands together. "Go on." She gestured towards the bathroom. Wonwoo gulped, this morning, he was at the highest point of his life, in bed with the man he longed for. Tonight, his dreams were shattered, torn apart by him. But maybe a glimmer of hope remained.

Mingyu stood up, extending his hand out to Wonwoo. Caught in the pulsating rhythm of the music, Wonwoo hesitated, his eyes flitting Mingyu's hand and his face. Mingyu's hand hung in the air, a gesture of longing, as Wonwoo battled against his own reservations. Yet, beneath the facade of uncertainty, a spark of curiosity flickered in Wonwoo's eyes, a silent yearning for Mingyu revealing itself. With a resigned sigh, he finally yielded, his hand meeting Mingyu's in a tentative embrace, their fingers entwining as they stepped into the bathroom together, the music a distant sound.

"Wonwoo I-"

"Mingyu just don't." Wonwoo said, feeling his eyes form tears. "I thought we had something."

"We do." Mingyu began, extending his arm out to Wonwoo, causing Wonwoo to take a step back.

"You left me alone for Tzuyu." Wonwoo crossed his arms, hugging his own body.