The Guilt

When Mina returned home the next day after comforting Lisa, the atmosphere between them was heavy with unspoken tension. Wonwoo's mind was consumed by guilt, his heart weighed down by the knowledge of Mingyu's shattered relationship and his own role in it. As they settled into the living room, Mina turned to him with a concerned expression.

"Wonwoo, are you okay?" she asked softly, her eyes searching his face for any sign of distress.

Wonwoo forced a smile, his stomach churning with guilt.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired, I guess."

Mina studied him for a moment, her intuition telling her that something was amiss. "Is this about Lisa and Mingyu?" she ventured, her voice gentle yet probing.

Wonwoo's heart clenched at the mention of their names, his guilt threatening to overwhelm him. He couldn't bear to look Mina in the eyes, knowing that his deceit would only compound the pain he had already caused.

"Yeah, it's just... it's hard seeing them go through this," he lied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Mina reached out to place a comforting hand on his arm, her touch warm and reassuring.

"I know, Wonwoo. But sometimes, things just don't work out the way we hope they will."

Wonwoo nodded, his throat tight with emotion. How could he confess to Mina the truth about his feelings for Mingyu, knowing that it would shatter her heart? He felt like a coward, trapped by his own deceit and unable to escape the web of lies he had spun.

As they sat in silence, the weight of Wonwoo's guilt pressing down on him like a leaden cloak, he felt a sudden urge to confess. To lay bare the truth and beg for Mina's forgiveness, no matter the consequences.

But as the words hovered on the tip of his tongue, threatening to spill forth like a torrent of remorse, Wonwoo's resolve faltered. He couldn't bring himself to hurt Mina any more than he already had, knowing that his confession would only cause her pain.

Instead, he forced a smile, masking the turmoil raging within him.

"Thanks, Mina. I appreciate your support."

Mina returned his smile, her eyes filled with empathy. "Anytime, Wonwoo."

She leaned in to kiss him, which he reluctantly accepted, instantly reminded of the fact that the lips on his weren't Mingyu's.

As they sat together in the quiet of the living room, Wonwoo couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that gnawed at his insides. But for now, he pushed aside his inner turmoil, burying it beneath a facade of normalcy as he clung to the hope that someday, he would find the courage to do something about the situation he was in.

-

As Wonwoo made his way across campus, his heart heavy with guilt and regret, he spotted Mingyu in the distance, engaged in conversation with a girl named Tzuyu. She was beautiful, and perfect. A pang of longing tugged at Wonwoo's heart as he watched Mingyu's easy smile and the animated way he gestured while talking to her.

For a moment, Wonwoo considered approaching them, wanting to bridge the gap between them and perhaps even offer an apology. But as he drew closer, he caught a glimpse of the sparkle in Mingyu's eyes.

As if sensing Wonwoo's presence, Mingyu glanced in his direction, his smile faltering ever so slightly before he turned his attention back to Tzuyu. The slight brush-off stung Wonwoo more than he cared to admit, but he understood why Mingyu was keeping his distance.

With a heavy sigh, Wonwoo continued on his way, his steps dragging as he trudged towards his class. Each footfall echoed with the weight of his remorse, the memory of Mingyu's hurtful words replaying in his mind like a broken record.

He couldn't blame Mingyu for being distant, not after the way he had handled their conversation that night. But that didn't make the rejection any easier to bear, especially when all Wonwoo wanted was to make things right between them.

As he entered the classroom, a sense of dejection washed over him, the weight of his guilt threatening to crush him beneath its suffocating embrace. He found a seat near the back of the room, his thoughts consumed by the memory of Mingyu's wounded expression and the ache of his own unresolved feelings.

Wonwoo settled into his seat before the university lecture, his mind still consumed by thoughts of Mingyu, he absentmindedly reached for his phone, intending to check his messages. But as he looked through his contacts, a sinking feeling washed over him when he realized that he didn't have Mingyu's phone number.

A sense of determination surged through Wonwoo as he resolved to rectify this oversight. He glanced around the room, scanning the faces of his classmates for someone who might have Mingyu's contact information. And in that very moment, his eyes landed on Chan, his favourite freshman, entering the lecture.

With a subtle nod, Wonwoo motioned for Chan to join him, silently hoping that he could help him obtain Mingyu's phone number without raising any suspicions. As Chan settled into the seat beside him, Wonwoo eased into conversation, trying to steer it towards the topic of phone numbers without arousing any suspicion.

"So, Chan, how's it going?" Wonwoo began casually, his heart pounding with nervous anticipation.

Chan grinned mischievously, sensing Wonwoo's ulterior motive.

"Why, Wonwoo, what made you want me here so badly."

Wonwoo chuckled sheepishly, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Actually, there's something I need your help with. You see, I realized that I don't have Mingyu's phone number, and I was wondering if you could give it to me?"

Chan's eyes widened in mock surprise, a playful twinkle dancing in his gaze.

"That's it? Was your dance the other day that good?"

Wonwoo laughed nervously, his heart racing with anticipation as he awaited Chan's response. Would he be willing to help him, or would he tease him mercilessly for his perceived desperation?

"I'm only joking." A light glimmered past Chan's eyes. "I'll give it to you if you come to my next dance class."

"Yes!" Wonwoo responded quickly causing Chan to chuckle. He pulled out his own phone and texted Wonwoo the number. "Here you go, Mr. Desperate. Use it wisely."

Wonwoo grinned gratefully, his heart soaring with relief as he saved Mingyu's number into his contacts.

"Thanks, Chan. I'll see you at the studio." Wonwoo responded.

"What are you going to use it for anyway?" Chan asked, his grin widening into a knowing smirk.

"Whatever you think it is, it's not that. I have a girlfriend." Wonwoo replied as he put his phone away.

"Oh please, Mina? I see the way she looks at half the girls on this campus."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it."

As Wonwoo stifled a laugh, a wave of gratitude washed over him for Chan's unexpected assistance. With Mingyu's number safely stored in his phone, he felt a renewed sense of hope that perhaps he could begin to mend all the problems he just made.