XII) "Surprise?"

It's been a few weeks, the three kept going to the library everyday for some reasons, I didn't join most of the time since I always got too tired.

Annabeth still looked quite distracted but she didn't ignore me, which was good.

I also went for Quidditch practice which was nicer than I expected. Of course, there was some hostility coming from people but overall, they wanted to win so they didn't care too much about who I was.

I had sent out some very basic mothers day gifts for Hecate and mom, nothing too out of the ordinary because I didn't really have access to anything else.

I sent them both a pair of earrings, both blue, of course. I had somehow managed to train Alfred to buy stuff for me so I just gave him the money and a small note, in a few hours, he would return with said product. It was a great idea.

I woke up this morning, I didn't have a bad dream last night, just a weird one.

I was on a beach, it was really beautiful, the sky was orange, with a beautiful sunset.

A man came along and sat besides me. I moved a little bit away from him since.. stranger danger, you know?

The odd thing is, he moved too.

"I'll need your help soon."

"I.. don't know you." I was getting really creeped out.

Then he handed me a.. seashell?

"What belongs to the sea will always return to the sea."

"Oh.. okayy?"

Like I said.. weird.

Then he walked away and I just thought about what the actual Frick just happened.

The sunset was nice though.

Anyways, I sat in bed, ready to get up when I saw a letter.

I picked it up and strangely, I could read it.

From Hecate

Percy, your mother is doing good, because I knew you would ask. Thank you for being so consistent with your offerings. In all my immortal life, I don't think I've met such a considerate young man. I heard you got into the Quidditch team, your mother and I are very proud.

Keep it up.

I smiled at the letter.

It felt nice to know that I'm making someone happy but if the simple things I do are so greatly appreciated by Hecate and she's lived for that long.. her life must've been quite depressing.

I sighed, finally getting up. I carefully put the letter into my bag. Though my handwriting wasn't the best, it was readable and that was all that mattered. I quickly wrote a letter to both mom and Hecate and sent Alfred off.

He was dying to stretch his wings anyway.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed then I walked out, Goyle and Crabbe were still sleeping, they always went to bed earlier than me yet they still woke up later.

"Morning." I waved at Annabeth as I reached for the door.

"Morning."

We walked into the main hall and she still seemed a little out of it so I quickly got to my seat and started eating.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were also acting a little weird. Like they were hiding something from me too.

I ate my blue food, thinking about why everyone was acting weird.