X) "You're Impossible."

I took a break today because I was sick, now, instead of resting, I'm posting chapters for you guys. :)

We walked into the class and everyone turned to us since we were so caught up in the conversation that we were slightly late.

"Why are you late, you 4?" Professor Sprout asked.

"We finished breakfast a little late, were sorry, professor Sprout." Hermione said without missing a beat.

She eyed us carefully, "Eat faster next time." She said waving us off.

I quickly took a chair next to the 4 since this was one of the only classes where there weren't assigned tables.

"Nice save." I whispered to Hermione before turning my attention back to professor Sprout.

"Today we will be learning about the mandrake's, next year, we will repot them but for now, we will just learn about them. So, why they are fatal?"

Two hands immediately shot up, Hermione and, you guessed it, Annabeth Chase, in the flesh.

"Annabeth."

"Well, for the baby Mandrake's, their scream can knock someone out for several hours while adult Mandrake's screams can kill anyone who hears it." She said but the smile that normally formed on her features after she answered a question successfully, never came.

"Are you sure you didn't fight?"

"We're not dating." I grumbled, burring my face in hands. The only free seats were away from Annabeth so she couldn't hear this embarrassing situation.

Annabeth didn't specifically ignore me, she just watched me cautiously from afar, which was quite infuriating because it was like she had something to tell me but avoided me? How does that make any sense.

"Are you sure you guys didn't upset her?" I asked.

"She's not avoiding us, just you." Ron said.

"Just me?" I asked and he nodded.

He patted my shoulder, "Percy, I don't know what you did but you should fix it soon, knowing Annabeth, she'll probably cut all contact from you, she's quite.. determined."

I sighed, she was quite determined.

Later that day, I saw Annabeth walking in the halls alone and decided this was the best moment to approach her.

"Hey." I said running up to her.

"Percy." She said, looking straight ahead.

"Why're you avoiding me?" I asked.

She stopped walking, turning to me.

"It's complicated."

"Then explain it to me, you of all people can simplify it." I looked at her expectantly.

"It's not you.. it's just.. I don't even know.. you're just too difficult to be around right now." She said, not making eye contact.

"Too difficult?" I asked, genuinely hurt.

"Percy, I didn't-"

"Well, I'm sorry for being so difficult." I said, as I walked away.

I didn't turn back, I couldn't. I've always known I was difficult, but I've never been so hurt to be told that by a friend, someone I trusted so much. Someone that I looked forward to meeting every single day.

Difficult.

I felt unenthusiastic the rest of the day, hell, the rest of the week.

It had been a week since our conversation and I had stopped hanging around Harry, Ron and Hermione because I was the reason Annabeth wasn't hanging with them and I didn't want to be difficult. I still hung around Grover occasionally, but not too often either. I do see him watching me sometimes though, odd.