XXIII) "Do You Have A Girlfriend?"

"Percy," I heard a whisper and I jumped awake when I saw no one there.

"W- who's there?" I asked reaching for riptide.

Annabeth appeared with her invisibility cap.

I shook my head, flopping back onto my bed, "You've got to stop sneaking up on me." I muttered.

"What other powers did you get?" She asked.

"What other- oh, none that I know of." I said.

"How long have you known the message?"

"3 weeks, give or take?" I said groggily as I flipped myself over so I was facing the ceiling.

"You've known for 3 weeks and you still don't know what powers you have? Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "I didn't think it was such a big deal."

"But it makes sense. Gods, why didn't I think of this." She muttered while pacing around.

I looked outside to see the sky still quite dark, "Hey, what time is it?"

"4, why?"

"4?!" I groaned, "It's way too early to interrogate me."

"Well, suck it up." She said, her hands on her hips as she looked at me with a gaze that said, if-you-cross-me-I-will-knock-you -out-then-feed-you-a-truth-serum-until-I- get-what-I-want.

I pouted, crossing my arms. "I don't know anything, now can I sleep?"

"Come on, seaweed brain, you sleep enough, now help me."

"What do I even help you with? I told you, I know nothing."

"Exactly, so we're gonna find out."

"How?"

"Follow me." She said as she wore her invisibility cap.

"Uhh, I can't even see you."

She sighed, grabbing my hand as we walked out of the common room.

As we silently walked down the hall, I saw something that caught my attention.

"Stop." I said, pulling her behind me.

I could feel her questioning gaze on me as I grabbed riptide from my pyjama pants.

I made sure she was still behind me as I crept closer and closer to the figure but I almost dropped my sword at the sight.

"It's a ghost." I said, walking backwards slowly.

I felt Annabeth brush by me as she walked towards it.

"Nearly headless nick."

I gulped, "We have to get Dumbledore."

She took off her cap, nodding.

We both rushed to the office, knocking on the door.

When no one answered we opened the door to see Dumbledore hurriedly closing a cabinet of his.

"Sorry, we found nearly headless nick, he's not okay." I said in one breath.

Dumbledore stood up, looking at us worried, "What are you kids doing up at this time anyways?" He asked we made our way to the body.

I didn't really have a real explanation and I waited for Annabeth to answer the question like normal but she didn't say anything either.

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow at us but luckily he was quickly distracted by Nick.

"Go call Madame Pomfrey." He instructed and we both rushed off.

While Annabeth looked prepared to run a marathon, I was running in a black t-shirt and shark pyjama pants fitted with fluffy slippers that made things much more difficult. In hindsight, I really should've changed my shoes but my brain really doesn't work all that well when I'm sleepy.