Chapter 24- Secret Identity and Future Kids

Rafael's POV:

The ride back to the penthouse was quiet, it was the kind of silence that was almost comforting after such an emotionally heavy morning. Yasmin leaned back in her seat, her eyes fixed on the passing scenery, lost in her thoughts. I stole a few glances at her, feeling the weight of her emotions as if they were my own. After her dad left all she wanted was to return to the comfort of my home, and I was more than willing to oblige.

As we stepped into the penthouse, Yasmin immediately kicked off her shoes and flopped down onto the couch with a heavy sigh. I followed her, sitting beside her, allowing the silence to envelop us once more.

Moments later, she reached for my hand, holding it tightly to her chest. Her grip was firm, almost desperate, as if she needed the physical connection to ground herself. "Thank you for being there for me," she whispered, her voice barely audible but filled with gratitude.

I squeezed her hand in return, offering her a small smile of reassurance. "Always, Yasmin. You can always count on me."

She nodded, a small smile playing on her lips before it disappeared, replaced by a look of contemplation. "There's something I need to tell you," she began, her voice trembling slightly. "I feel like I should explain why he kept our identities a secret."

"You don't have to explain," I told her honestly, while it would be nice to know, it wasn't something I needed to know. I was content just knowing that her father's decision didn't hurt her.

"I want to."

"Okay," I leaned in, giving her my full attention. 

"It all started before me or my siblings were born," Yasmin began, her eyes distant as she delved into her memories. "My uncle was kidnapped when he was a child. My grandfather was the head of the family at the time and everything was done traditionally. Even though my uncle wouldn't be the ceo he was still in the public eye. I obviously wasn't alive at the time but it was a terrifying experience for our family. My uncle was found hours after he was taken but my father was so shaken by it that he vowed to protect his future children at all costs. When my mom got pregnant with me, he decided that the best way to keep us safe was to keep our identities a secret."

She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "He had the money and the power to do so, and my mother agreed with him. They both believed that it was the best way to ensure our safety."

I nodded, absorbing her words. It made sense, in a way. The lengths her father had gone to might seem extreme to some, but in the face of fear and love for one's family, they were understandable.

Yasmin continued, her voice growing steadier as she recounted the past. "We lived our lives in the shadows, always careful, always vigilant. It was suffocating at times, not being able to just be ourselves openly. But we understood why it had to be that way. We knew the danger that lurked out there, the people who might want to hurt us if they knew who we really were."

Her eyes met mine, a mixture of sadness and determination. "I always wondered what it would be like to live without that fear, to just be Yasmin, without any secrets. But now... now that it's all out in the open, I'm not sure what to feel. It's liberating but also terrifying."

I squeezed her hand again, offering silent support. "It's a lot to process," I acknowledged. "But you're not alone in this. We'll face whatever comes together."

Yasmin's eyes softened, a hint of a smile returning. "Thank you, Rafael. That means more than you know."

We sat there in silence for a while, the weight of her revelations settling between us. I could feel the shift in our dynamic, the deepening of our connection as we shared these intimate truths. It wasn't just about her getting revenge or me securing my position; it was much more than that.