Chapter 15- Preparation and The Beginning

Yasmin's POV:

The warmth of Rafael's lips against mine created a fluttering storm in my chest, a sensation so intense that it momentarily stole my breath. The warmth of his embrace and the gentle pressure of his kiss enveloped me, momentarily erasing any worries or doubts that lingered in my mind. Lost in the moment, I let myself be carried away by the intensity of our connection, relishing the way he molded me into his body.

But reality has a way of intruding, and the persistent buzzing of Rafael's phone was a sharp reminder that our stolen moment was just that—a fleeting escape from the demands of our lives. Reluctantly, we part, our breaths mingling in the air as we try to regain our composure.

"Sorry, it's work," Rafael murmurs apologetically, glancing at the screen of his buzzing phone. "I should take this."

I nod, forcing a small smile as I step back, trying to ignore the lingering warmth of his touch. I hadn't meant to kiss him, no matter how much I needed that kiss. What we had wasn't real, it was a fabrication and it would do me well to remember that. "It's okay. We can call it practice for tomorrow night."

He gives me a rueful smile before answering the call, his voice slipping effortlessly into business mode. I used the opportunity to retreat to my room, the echo of our kiss still reverberating through my mind.

**********

The morning sun streamed through the sheer curtains, casting a warm glow across the cozy kitchen. I stood by the stove, flipping pancakes with a contented smile on my face. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingled with the sweet scent of maple syrup, creating a perfect start to the day. It also served as a distraction from what went down last night.

Rafael walked into the kitchen, his tousled hair and sleep-filled eyes adding to his charm. "Morning, beautiful," he murmured, his voice husky with sleep.

"Morning," I replied, trying my best to hold back a smile. I've been called beautiful before but hearing it from Rafael in his sleepy voice just made it better. "Coffee's ready, and breakfast will be served in a few minutes."

As I set the table, Rafael poured us each a cup of coffee. We sat down across from each other, our eyes locking in a silent exchange of understanding. The morning breeze wafted through the open window, carrying with it the sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling—a serene backdrop to our shared moment.

"So," Rafael began, a playful grin tugging at his lips. "About last night..."

I chuckled, feeling a blush creeping up my cheeks. "You mean me spending a lot at Pandora?"

He nodded, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "And the part where we may or may not have kissed?"

"It was a moment," I admitted, a mix of shyness and excitement coloring my tone. "A really good moment, that we probably shouldn't talk about."

He nodded again even though I knew he had more to say on the topic. "Maybe you're right."

We ate our breakfast in comfortable silence, savoring each bite and stealing glances that spoke volumes. After breakfast, we cleaned up together, the simple act feeling strangely intimate and domestic. Rafael insisted on washing the dishes while I dried them, our playful banter filling the air with laughter.

As we stood side by side at the sink, Rafael turned to me, his gaze soft yet intense. "Yasmin, about last night."

I set down the dish I was drying, turning to face him fully. "Yes?"

"I don't want to rush anything," he said earnestly, his eyes searching mine for understanding. "But I also don't want to ignore what's between us."

"What are you saying?"