Chapter 5- Box Dye and Sisterly Questions

Yasmin's POV:

Change was a requirement after every breakup, it was an unspoken rule for every woman. The second you break up with someone you should start thinking about ways to make yourself different- you should no longer resemble the woman he once knew. Instead you should become the hotter, more improved version of yourself.

It was time I made some changes. 

Gone was the soft woman who would have done anything- endured anything- to stay by her huband's side. Months of being bullied by his mom and sister has left me tired and not in the mood for anyone's bullshit. His words and how easily he tossed me aside was all the motivation I needed to leave him in the dust. All that was left was a woman hellbent on getting revenge. 

"I've never thought of myself with dark hair," I mused as I continued to scroll through inspo pics on pinterest. Ever since Rafael mentioned how good I'd look with black hair its all I could think of. I even stopped eating the delicious breakfast he prepared to figure out how dark I wanted my hair to be. 

"You'd look stunning with it," he pointed out, seemingly oblivious to the way my heart skipped a beat at his compliment. "Not that you don't look beautiful now," he continued, a nervous tinge to his tone. 

I smiled softly in his direction, hoping to ease his nerves. "I know what you mean."

"Great, here," he reached into his pocket to pull out his wallet. My immediate thought was to refuse the offer that was to come and so I did. My family was beyond rich, there was no need for him to pay for my box dye or whatever else I was going to need. "No, no, that's not necessary."

He held out the card to me not taking no for an answer. "Take the card, Yasmina."

"I really don't need it, Rafael."

"Call me, Rafe, and I don't care. I want you to have it. You're about to be my wife, fake or not, I'll take care of you."

I'll take care of you.

I silently took the card from his hand, not at all surprised that he had a black amex card which showed just how rich he truly was. I didn't need his money, I likely would never ask him for anything monetary but when he mentioned wanting to take care of me, I caved. I was about to be his wife, his fake wife, but just hearing such a statement from him almost made me want more from the situation. It was a brief and foolish thought but I couldn't help it. 

He was thankfully oblivious to my one sided conversation and let me carry on without saying anything of it. "I can arrange for someone to come do your hair," he offered, towering over me as he rose to his feet. 

"That won't be necessary but thank you for the offer," I grinned, showing off my pearly whites. 

He nodded. "In that case, I'll be leaving now and I'll likely be gone all day. Feel free to explore and make yourself comfortable while I'm gone."

With such a request there was no way I could say no. "Of course, Rafe. See you later."

He paused, eyeing me curiously for what felt like an hour but really it was a couple seconds. I thought he already regretted giving me free reign of his suite but he simply smiled. I didn't miss the look of lust he gave me when he thought I wasn't looking. I shook my head shaking away the steamy thoughts that wanted me to force Rafael into my bed.

There was no way I should even be thinking this so I did the only thing that could take my mind off it. I called my sister.  

"It's nice to know you're aware I exist."

I rolled my eyes, I should have known she would be as dramatic as ever. "Come on, Amirah, I spoke to you three days ago."

"We were supposed to have breakfast today, did you forget?"

"Really?" I paused, suddenly remembering agreeing to lunch. It was before everything that went down with Ethan. "I'm so sorry, Amirah. The last couple of days have been crazy, breakfast didn't even cross my mind."

"What happened?" she asked, noticing how desolate I sounded. 

"I'd rather talk about it in person."

"Sure, should I come to the house or should we have lunch?"

"Actually..." I reeled off the hotel's address to her asking her to meet me here instead. "Also bring black box dye and a change of clothes for me."

"Okay," she dragged the words out, making it obvious she was confused. "I'll be there in an hour."

"Thank you."

With only an hour to spare, I dialed the front desk and let them know my sister was coming so she wouldn't be forced to wait. Then I grabbed the dirty dishes, washed and dried them, then set them aside. That took all of thirty minutes so I sat in my original spot and picked up my phone once again. 

I sighed as I got an instagram notification. I clicked on it as soon as I saw Ethan's account pop up. He just posted a picture of him and a model having dinner. A choked laugh escaped my lips as soon as I saw that. Of course he already moved on, it was like he was just waiting to break my heart. Luckily I could avoid the humiliation of everyone knowing he divorced me, that was the only saving grace of having an extremely private marriage. 

I was just about to leave a rather nasty comment a knock at the door stopped me. What was I doing? Leaving a comment like this would only humiliate me even further and everyone would dig into my life to find out who I was. No, it was better than I followed Rafe's lead with this. He seemed to have it all planned out and it was nice not having to worry about it.

I quickly set my phone aside and rushed to the door. As soon as I opened the door I was greeted by long black hair, gorgeous brown skin and enchanting bluish- grey eyes. My sister had finally arrived and with the way she narrowed her eyes at me, she wanted answers. 

"Why are you in a penthouse with nothing but a shirt on?"

I rolled my eyes, something I did a lot whenever Amirah was around. "I'm wearing underwear so I have on more than just a shirt."

"That's besides the point," she snapped, pushing passed me and into the suite. "And why did I just see Ethan post a picture with another woman?"

"She's probably his girlfriend," I shrugged as I slammed the door shut. "We're divorced."

"You're divorced?" her eyes widened in shock. "You finally came to your senses?"

I shrugged. "He divorced me so I'm not sure how to answer that."

"What the fuck?" my baby sister was clearly angry. "How dare he divorce you? Does he know who you are? The stupid fuck."

"He has no idea who I really am," I told her as I snatched the bag from her hand. "Luckily he showed his true colors before I did."

"You didn't tell him?" she asked softly. My family was wealthy and while growing up our parents advised us to keep our wealth a secret until we were absolutely sure we could trust that person. I guess I didn't fully trust Ethan since I kept something like that from him and it turns out I was right not to. 

"It's all over now," I told her, ready to move on from this conversation. "Now are you going to help me dye my hair or are you going to just stand there?"

"I'll help," she said as she walked over to me, taking the box from my hand to open it. "Why are you dyeing your hair?"

I shrugged. "Rafe suggested it and I want to."

She paused. "Wait, hold up, who's Rafe?"

"Oh right," I smiled sheepishly in her direction. "I might have made an agreement with Ethan's ex best friend to help me get revenge on him."

"Dad is not going to be happy about any of this," she groaned. "This is such a mess."

"I know but it'll all work out, do you trust me?"

She sighed. "Of course, I do."

"Then relax, help me dye my hair and let's go shopping afterwards. I need a few things."

"Fine."