Chapter 168

Much of Cale's (the original Kim Rok Soo) past was shroud in mystery, which even he, who had become Kim Rok Soo after the transmigration, was still in the dark about.

Two white bullets started to fly toward the White Star. If the chains won’t work… He just had to use something else.
“I can also fight together with someone else as well.”

Alberu could see Eruhaben attacking the White Star at the same time he shot the bullets.
“…Shit!” The White Star started to frown after being attacked from the front and back at once. The two of their attacks. He could easily block them using his water wall. But that was not the issue.

The problem was what the necromancer would do while he was defending against these two bastards.

"He really thought he was all that. Honestly, he really thought we considered him that important. Right from the start, we told him what we came to do, but he still thought he had the upper hand..." Raon grumbled, still angry that the White Star threatened to use his Goldie Gramps as a sacrifice.

"Nyaa~! He was an idiot... That's all he would ever be..." TCF!Hong concluded with a happy purr.
"Hong, that's rude... although I don't disagree with you." TCF!Ohn tried to correct her brother while discreetly brushing away the biscuit crumbs that TCF!Hong's messy eating had left on Cale's lap.

That was the issue. That issue ended up turning into reality.
“I got it.” As Mary quietly mumbled… The net made of black threads and flying skeleton monsters reached the black orb and quickly started to surround it.
Alberu shouted as he watched, “Drag it up!”
Mary’s net caught a big fish and quickly started to shoot up into the air.

Cale inhaled sharply. His priceless expression of horror would have made everyone who saw it misunderstand and laugh.
"I'm not a big fish! Little fish, tiny fish, Sunfish maybe, but absolutely not a big fish!!" He protested vehemently in his mind. Grigori sighed and ignored him. She knew it was pointless to correct him anyways - he was beyond her very capable skillset at this point.

It was moving away from the White Star… Moving away from all attacks… It was moving the big fish, Cale Henituse, to a safe spot.

Cale spluttered, and an anxious expression appeared on his face. TCF!Rasheel looked at him and raised an eyebrow. The expression on the Grey Dragon's face helped Cale immediately calm his outward expression of distress.

TCF!Rasheel wondered why Cale was making odd faces before he thought he might be hungry. He spotted a tray of Cale's favourite cookies that were closer to TCF!Mila and, therefore, out of Cale's reach and used his magic to bring it over to Cale. Reaching out, he picked one and held it out for Cale, who blinked in surprise and then accepted it.

Cale’s attention was immediately diverted to the fresh batch of cookies in front of him and the kids around him as he ate the one that TCF!Rasheel offered him and handed out the others to the kids to share the treat with them as well.

“Eruhaben-nim!”
“Yeah!”
The others who were still here would now do their best to make sure that no trash got into that net.

Bud snorted and buried his face into the table in front of him. His shoulders jumping up and down as he laughed silently.
"I feel like that was something Patriarch Molan-nim said." Bud shared his thoughts with Glenn, who once again looked like he wanted to either strangle Bud, or find a new seat. Grigori chuckled in amusement as she watched the two of them out the corner of her eye to make sure no one died.

“We will hold you back.”
Alberu pointed the gun at the White Star again.

"That's quite a powerful statement..." TCF!Zed said with concern and stoicism revealing itself in equal parts upon his face. TCF!Alberu looked toward his father consideringly and then shrugged.
"He's dead and we're alive, so..." he said with another nonchalant shrug.
No one in the hall could argue with that logic, so they let it go as well.