4. Taking care of her

On coming out, he wore a loose white t-shirt along with black shorts. He sat on the corner of the bed with his head in his hands. He heard the bathroom door open. Looking in that direction he found his sister standing looking at him with pure innocent eyes. He turned to the other side and laid on the bed without letting her know that he had already glanced at her. His heart was beating fast. Claire came near the bed and said "I don't want to be alone in my room tonight. Can I just stay and sleep here with you??"
Crimson did not reply.

Not hearing him reply Claire was confused and left the room. He was intentionally ignoring her. He did not want his feelings to grow more. Hearing her leave the room he got up as he was not able to sleep thinking about today's incident as well as Claire. Turning on the night lamp he stared at the ceiling .

After sometime he went downstairs to grab something to eat as they were out since evening. Only Crimson and Claire were in the house as their parents had gone to another city for their work.

He grabbed bread and butter but as soon as he picked the butter knife he heard a scream from his sister's room. He left everything as it was and ran upstairs.
Upon entering her room he did not see anyone on the bed. He turned on the light and saw his sister crouched down in the corner of the room. Hearing her sniffle he became a little afraid as to what had happened to her.

He called out her name but she did not respond so he went near her. He tapped on Claire's shoulder whispering her name softly. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. He immediately hugged her. He asked her about what happened but she didn't utter a single word. Not hearing anything from her he just picked her up in his arms and made her lay on her bed. Putting his hand on her forehead he realized that she had a high fever. Claire was holding his hand all the time. As he was leaving to bring medicine and cold cloth for her fever

Claire held onto his hand more tightly not allowing him to leave. "DON'T LEAVE ME CRIM,NOT RIGHT NOW."
PLEASE!!!.

It came out more as a request but he had to leave to at least get her something for her fever.
Assuring Claire that he would be back in a minute he ran downstairs taking out the medicines, he took a bowl filling it with water and ice cubes.

He took a clean cloth from the cabinet and went upstairs. Although Claire was alive,although she seemed to be lifeless. Crimson went near her and saw shivering like a leaf.

Crimson left the things on the table at the side of the bed. Covering her with a blanket but she was still cold as ice. He took off his white t- shirt and got inside the blanket. Firstly his chest was facing Claire's back but Claire turned around. His heart skipped a beat. Her head was on his arm, she snuggled more towards him. Not able to resist, he hugged her too. Both fell asleep in each other's embrace…

 Both fell asleep in each other's embrace…