BONUS CHAPTER: ALEX'S POV - THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Surprise!! 🎉🎉 You thought I'd forgotten Alex and Elena's anniversary? Well, almost 😅 I was so engrossed in writing my current story Beyond and other projects I'll hopefully tell you soon about 😉

So I didn't get much time to prepare a surprise, and it'll be a small chapter, but I still wanted to celebrate, and it's one of the favorite scenes, now in Alex's POV... 👀

*ALEX'S POV*

"So what's on the list?"

"What list? Do I look like your mom?"

"No, rather my grandma with how slow you're pushing that cart."

"Oh yeah? Wait for the grandma to give you a trashing!"

We haven't even taken two steps into the supermarket, and Greg and Cameron are already bickering, for a change.

As for Logan, he's probably already dashed towards the snacks section because he's nowhere to be seen from the entrance gates to the vegetable displays—not really his thing. Whereas I find my gaze lingering there and my mouth watering at the sight of the fresh apples, taking me back to a pair of innocent doe eyes.

Okay, it's not the fruits I'm craving, rather the petite silhouette that has rushed towards me this morning, the soft lips, as plump and red as the forbidden fruit, that have parted the second she's crossed my gaze, and the sweet tickle of her touch on my hand before she's practically run away. The mysterious apple girl...

I don't even know her name, as I've been too busy staring at her to hear the roll call, or anything the teacher has been rambling about 'the importance of this year in our future'. As if this school year could really change us...

Anyway, I'm quickly shaken back to the present, literally when Cameron stumbles into me, shoved by Greg who has taken the cart now.

"Dudes, seriously?! Do you want to get us kicked out before we've bought anything?" I groan, not even needing to throw a glance around to know we're watched closely.

I've been feeling a glare prickling the back of my neck since we've passed the door, and I know the second a cherry tomato falls on the floor, the manager will call the security guys. And I'm not in the mood to drive all the way to the next town for two bags of chips.

"'Kay, so what do you suggest we buy? Fruits for the start of the year party?"

"What?" I raise my eyebrows at Greg, needing a moment to remember which party he's talking about, and twice as much to catch his pointed finger towards the apple I'm holding tighter than the throttle of my bike.

Fuck, this 'craving' is really distracting me. Zoning out in class is one thing, but here, with all the hubbub of the supermarket and the guys' bickering in my ears, it's something else.

Never has a girl taken my thoughts for so long, and she's barely brushed my hand for one second. What a brush though, so soft, so warm... I almost space out again. Almost, but sadly for Cameron I still hear his mutter.

"And then it's me you call the 'grandma'..."

"Who are you calling grandma?"

"No one." The fucker lifts his hands up, quickly stepping away. "I'm not judging if you want to be healthy and all that, but I'm not eating fruits."

"Logan's probably picked enough food to last us the whole year. You go find him," I announce, finding back my leader habits like every time we're on an illegal job, though right now, I feel more like a large family's mom. "And we already have the booze, so Greg, you just have to get some coke to mix with."