CHAPTER XXVII

When they arrived home, the first thing they felt was the silence. Even with the cats welcoming them, they still missed the sound of the kids laughing and playing. Nate saw the sad look on Cael's face, it was a hard day, and he held his hand and helped him sit down on the sofa. He turned on the TV into an anime they were watching before, and went to get some iced tea and sandwiches. They sat down and watched the series, without uttering a single word. After a while passed and they finished the food and beverages, Nate put a pillow on his lap and invited Cael to lay down. Cael smiled and laid down, his long legs bent and his arms holding another pillow.

"You know, I had to learn a lot of languages because of my job", Nate said, stroking his fingers through Cael's hair. "One of my favorites is cafuné. It means to gently caress the head of someone you love and stroke your fingers through his hair. I always thought it was such a lovely and intimate gesture".

"Yeah", Cael answered, enjoying the situation.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know. Learning that one of my bio parents is not related to me at all, and that my real biological mother is somewhere out there was really harsh. Someone who I never met and who traded me for money".

"They probably didn't have any other option. They were forced to sell their bodies to pay for debts, having no one to help them. I can only imagine the despair of someone in this situation".

"Still, I can't deal with the resentment I feel. Knowing that since the beginning I was just a product bought to be used and explored, disposable. It brings light to all the way my family treated my whole life".

Nate didn't have an answer to it. He just kept caressing Cael's head.

"But you need to know, for me, for the kids, for your family, your real one, you are not disposable. You're not an object to be thrown away. You're someone valuable, that we love and respect. No matter what those pieces of trash think, you deserve to be here and you deserve all the love in this world". Nate laid down his head and pecked Cael's lips.

"I know", he answered and smiled. "Thank you".

"Always".

They kept watching the anime and Cael fell asleep there, in Nate's lap. He waited there, until Cael woke up on his own to eat. They had a light meal, Cael still half asleep. He had a dream. Where he went public about everything he went through, and people hated him, and shunned him. Even Nate left him, because he couldn't stand all the pressure. He woke up afraid but tried to hide it. But the little gestures from Nate showed that he perceived something, even if he didn't know what it was he tried to console Cael.

They went to sleep early, and Cael had the same dream again. He woke up in the middle of the night, Nate sleeping soundly beside him, and he didn't know what to do. He just wanted someone to hug him and tell him everything will be okay. Tears dropped on the bed, and Nate woke up with the movement and gently hugged Cael. They went back to sleep hugging each other. Cael's dreams were better, but he was still worried.

Nate woke up early and made breakfast. They had work later, but he let Cael sleep a little bit more. He deserved it. But as soon as he finished, Cael was there in the kitchen, his face swollen and black circles under his eyes.

"Are you okay?", He asked, serving the food.

"Not really. Nightmares".

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I don't know", He said, adding sugar to his coffee. "I never told you about the past, right?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to".