CHAPTER XX

"Will mommy be okay?", Killian asked, sitting on his chair in the back seat of Cael's car.

"Yeah. Don't worry Lian. Your mommy will be alright in a day or two. You just have to wait and when you go back he will be totally fine". Nate answered.

"Promise?"

"Promise".

Collin held his brother's hand while he sat, sulking. He didn't like sleeping on someone else's bed, and would rather be on his own, with his own pillow and his toys to keep him company. He liked his room and his daddy and mommy kissing him goodnight. And he hated using those diapers to sleep, and peeing himself from anxiety every time he slept outside. But he had to be strong. For mommy.

"And tonight you can see Doha and Jinx", Nate said, cheering the kids up.

"Will we really see the cats?" Collin asked, excited. The cats rarely showed themselves.

"Yeah. When your dad is there, they come running to play with him". He said, referring to Cael. Dev and Ant told him to start calling him that next to the kids, to get them slowly used to it. It was working with Collin, with Killian not so much.

"Really? Dad is so awesome!" Collin expressed. Cael, who was driving, blushed feeling a little proud of himself.

"Your dad is really awesome. Jinx hates everyone, even me sometimes, but he loves your dad so much that he would jump on his arms and won't get out".

"That's so cool!" Collin loved Jinx and would always try to hug him, but the cat never let him get close.

"I bet if you ask your dad, he will help you hold Jinx tonight".

"Really?"

"Yeah".

"Dad", He called Cael.

"Yes", Cael still felt butterflies in his tummy every time his son called him that.

"Can you help me hold Jinx?"

"Sure".

"For real?"

"We will try. But you can't force the cat".

"Okay, okay", the boy said, smiling.

"And if the cat doesn't want you need to let him go".

"Uhum", he nodded.

"Alright then".

While they talked, Killian had already fallen asleep. He also liked the cats, but preferred them in their space, and him in his. The ride took forty minutes as they had to make a detour because of the closed road. When they arrived, Cael was carrying Collin and Nate, Killian, both half asleep. Out of nowhere, the minute they opened the door, the cats came running and Jinx tried to jump on Cael's arms, ignoring there was already a kid there. Cael's other hand was occupied with the boy's bag and he couldn't hold the cat who started to meow to call his attention. The sound woke Collin who looked at the cat and exclaimed:

"Jinx!". He jumped to the ground and tried to grab the cat, who in his turn jumped to the space left on Cael's arms. "Jinx" he cried, calling the cat. Cael got inside and placed the bag on the sofa and sat with Jinx in his lap.

"Come here", He called Collin softly. The boy sat beside him. "You need to be gentle with him. Try getting closer, slowly". The boy sat a little closer, and the cat didn't move. "Now pet him gently in the head".

"Okay". He petted him and the cat let him. He let out a laugh out of surprise and happiness.

"Now you can pet his back".