CHAPTER XVII

They moved into the new house. It had a big yard and many bedrooms. Each kid could have their own room, but they chose to stay together; so, they made the other bedroom a playroom. The master bedroom was beautiful and had a wonderful varanda that fit a cozy private living room. They bought a new king size bed with an antique styled frame, and built a walk-in closet for two. Back in the apartment, Dev's clothes were just fitting in the empty spaces of Thierry's closet, as nothing in the apartment was built thinking of him. But now, everything in their home has the four of them in consideration. From their suite, to the dining room to the living spaces; it was made for their family. The process of moving in was tiring. Dev had to organize all the things from his old apartment - throw away, sell or donate many things he had forgotten he had. It was a time to say goodbye for all of them. It was a really hard time for the twins. Thierry was sitting with them boxing their toys and clothes, when Collin sat down and decided he wasn't moving anymore.

"What's the problem, baby?"

"I don't want to go".

"Why?"

"Santa Claus won't find us if we go. And we won't get presents".

"We can send him a letter telling him that we moved".

"But I won't see Gabi and Liam anymore". Gabriela and Liam were Collin's friends in the building.

"You can invite them to our new house. It's not far away, they can visit any time they want".

"And Kiki?" The neighbors' cat that Collin loved.

"Kiki probably won't be able to come visit, but we can ask Allison and Tom. Maybe they can take her".

"Still, this is our place. I don't want to move".

"Baby, we will have a bigger house, with a yard, a playground and a big room for each of you", Thi tried to convince him, but he wouldn't listen. So he decided to appeal to his feelings. "And, moving to a house, there might be a chance that we will get a dog. Wouldn't you like that?"

"Doggy? We will have a doggy?"

"We might get a dog. It's still not a deal, but I've been thinking about it".

"We are getting a dog?", Killian asked, getting into the conversation.

"We might. I still have to discuss it with your daddy better. But we might get one". The kids got excited, and there was no stopping it. Thi decided to just go with it. "Well, there won't be no doggy if we don't move, so we better put those toys in the box, otherwise there won't be no toys in the new home".

The kids started to work faster and soon they were done with the job. Thi was so proud of them. Looking at them being so responsible and grown up, he began to think seriously about adopting a dog. The kids were still young, and him and Dev would have to do all the work taking care of it. But people say it's good for kids to have contact with animals from an early age. And now that he decided he would work at least some days a week from home, to spend more time close to the kids, maybe he will be able to take care of the dog. His thought was interrupted when Dev came to tell he was done with the kitchen, and he was going to the bedroom next. He called Kristin to take care of the twins while they packed the bedroom. Some time later, the moving truck arrived. Luckily, the bedroom was the last place and they've already packed the clothes, so they finished everything in time.

When they got to the house, they realized they had much more space than they thought initially. They would have to buy lots of furniture to occupy the empty spaces. And lots of things for the new rooms. His new home office, the kids playroom. And maybe a dog kennel? That night, with everything ready, they laid in their new bed, the kids sleeping in their room as shown by the baby camera, and they rested. Dev had a silly smile on his face.