Chapter III

Cael was getting his luggage, but his mind was wandering. All the way on the six hour flight, he couldn't forget that face. It was printed on his mind for the last four years, that sand-blonde hair and beautiful green-gray eyes. He was the man he hurt; the man who got caught in his father's plan.

Cael moved away from his father's house when he was eleven and moved in with his uncle. He was the one he considered his real father, the one who treated him well and raised him as his son, helping him deal with the problems he inherited from his biological family. But that wasn't enough to get rid of the people who hurted him and treated him like less than shit.

When he went to the OPAS event, his father sent someone. His plan was to disturb the event, prove the inferiority of omegas and punish his rebellious son. And to do all that he used only one weapon: a rut inducer extremely potent that made the pheromones 300% stronger than in a normal rut. He wasn't careful and someone disguised as a hotel clerk injected the inducer. It was painful, his glands felt like they were burning and his sanity slowly slipping away. He was sweating as if in hell, his body completely out of his control. His vision was blurry, but he could sense how people started to act strange. The omegas will soon go into estrus because of him.

Cael blamed himself. Maybe if he followed what his father wanted, he wouldn't end up here. Maybe his father wouldn't try to hurt so many people and use him as an instrument. Everyone had to suffer because of him. His uncle was protected while his grandfather was alive, but as soon as he dies, his uncle's life will become hell on earth. Maybe his father would have forgotten his uncle, and let him and his family live a simple life if Cael didn't move in with him. So many things would be better if it wasn't for him.

It would have been better if I never existed. Cael thought, laying against the wall. He couldn't see anything anymore. But he heard someone. And then that same someone put him over his shoulder and took him away. But I'm so heavy. He thought. Then the man put him on a bed and he felt the sweet smell coming from him. How can an omega survive this rut without losing his mind?

After this, it was a big blank. He remembered some broken images. Some kisses and moans. Some beautiful thighs and rose cheeks. Green-gray eyes and blonde hair. Beautiful parts that, however, formed a strange Picasso.

The next morning, the owner of those broken pieces was gone, leaving behind a single note. The stranger told him he was not to blame, but all he felt was guilt. Another life damaged because of him. His sense of guilt was distorted by a lifetime of being blamed by the smallest of things. Even the haven created by his uncle was not enough to alleviate the weight on his shoulders.

Cael was able to convince the hotel workers to let him check the cameras in the corridor from the room. That was how he saw him. From then on his image was engraved on his mind and he promised himself he would one day find him and repent.

Years later, while working on a project, he stumbled upon an image of the CEO from Ant. He rarely took pictures and most people didn't know what he looked like, many even said the photo was fake. But Cael decided to take the chance and convinced his uncle to participate in the project competition. He gave his all, and won. And now he has arrived in Bgork to finally meet the man he has been searching for four years.

He is so handsome. Cael thought when he saw Thierry for the first time. And his aura... It's so powerful. He couldn't look him in his eyes, always remembering the flashes from that night. A mix of guilt and excitement overflew. Would he remember him? Would he forgive him?

When he asked Thierry to speak in private, he agreed. He felt hopeful - maybe he will forgive him. When he sat in front of him, those calm eyes and warm appearance made him feel comfortable, but also brought back all the memories he tried to suppress. How impotent he felt, like a puppet to be used and controlled by his father whenever he wanted. That night his father used an inducer on him, but he lost count of how many omegas in estrus his father sent to seduce him. But he was able to resist them all. For a second he even wondered if Antoine was one of them, but an omega his father hired would never leave that kind of note and he would have heard from his father after that night.