Chapter 2 - Do you even use magic?

(You're POV, 10 yrs old)

"It's not my fault you're an idiot who doesn't watch where he's walking!"

"Oh yeah?! Well maybe YOUR'E the idiot for not watching where YOUR'E walking ever think of that one!" I heard Natsu and Gray bickering as I enter the guildhall.

"Do those two ever quit?" I asked ask I approached Mirajane and Lisanna.

"Ya know it's a lot more fun to be in the fight than watching it." Mira scoffed.

"Maybe, but not all of the time like they do. Also, maybe (Y/N) isn't strong enough for them! You never know, we still don't know what kind of magic you use." Lisanna chuckled.

"Hey! I am too strong enough for them!" I pouted. "And I just don't want to use my magic okay?" Mira and Lisanna glanced at each other before nodding their heads and continuing on with a different conversation. I just can't... I can't use my magic without-

"Yeah (Y/N), why haven't we seen you use magic yet?" Gray interrupted my thought as he joined us after his brawl ended with Natsu. I didn't look up at him nor did I respond.

"Do you even use magic?" Natsu asked as he limped over with a large bump on his head.

"O-of course I do..! I just- really don't want to use it anymore. Can we leave it alone?" I quietly said as I began to walk away.

"There he goes again, upsetting another poor girl." Gray shook his head at Natsu.

"What?! I just asked a question!" Natsu rolled his eyes. Gray scolded him as he began following me. I stepped outside of the hall and leaned on the wall. If only they were here...

"Why don't you want to use your magic (Y/N)?" I heard a voice ask as I turned over and saw Gray walking out of the hall. I looked back towards the ground as he approached me.

"I don't really want to talk about it, okay? I just... can't."

"I get it. I lost my parents when I was really young too. I don't like to talk about it much either." My eyes widened as I looked up at him. "Maybe someday we can tell each other our stories. But I get not wanting to tell everyone now and that's okay. We can all wait. Obviously we have some impatient people around but even they can wait until whenever you're ready too." He explained.

"Thank you, Gray. It's really hard to talk about it without getting upset and I hate feeling that way."

"Me too. It's hard, but we are your family now ya know. We will always be here for you no matter what." I quickly wiped away a tear I allowed to escape and smiled at him widely.

"Yep! Always!"

It's been really hard trying to adjust living without my parents for the past year. I miss them so much. I think about them all the time. Everything still reminds me of them and I wish I could go back and find them every single day. But knowing I have people around me that care just as much as they did has held me back. I love them. I have some pretty amazing friends.

Gray and I weren't really that close since I got there, but after that conversation, within weeks, we were almost inseparable.

Hi guys! Sorry this is a fairly short chapter, but I want to do a few time skips for the first few chapters to get you're full backstory in so in later chapters it can be used without the need for an explanation in the middle of the story. I promise once we get through all the nitty gritty details it will be much better!!