27. Home?

Chapter 27 - "Home?"

Third Person POV:

Dashing through the jungles of this untamed planet, happily, they bonded. They ignored every bit of obstacle against their path and letting the wild breeze run through their quills as their speed increased even more.

They raced endlessly, leaving a trail of bright blue and red mixing together. They stop at a certain lake, tired and laughing. Sonic sits down at the ground, staring at the peaceful lake that sparkled against the rays of sunshine. Shadow sits beside him, and the blue hedgehog leans his head on his shoulder.

Sonic: "Thanks for getting my mind out of things."

Shadow: "I'm glad."

Ebony edge lord looked around the area, he recognized this place, where they got their first kiss.. Well, not a romantic one.

Shadow: "Hey, I know this place.."

Sonic: "You do?... Wait, oh yeah!!"

Shadow stood up and looked at the water. But he backed away slightly, Sonic stood next to him.

Shadow: "My reflection in the water pulled me in. I don't know how, or why, but this is dangerous."

Sonic: "And then I pulled you out and kissed you on the lips!~"

Shadow: "It was CPR."

Sonic laughed and nudged his lover on the shoulder.

Sonic: "I take it that you like it?"

Shadow: "Psh, anyway.. We should get moving, or we might get sucked in by a ghost lake or something, and I don't want anyone of us drowning. Especially you, you hate water."

Sonic: "Mhm... But I'm kind of interested!"

Shadow: "Sonic wait--"

Before he said his words, the azure hedgehog stood amongst the water, staring at his reflection.

Sonic: "You said you drank from it? How did you feel?"

Shadow: "Faker, step away from the water."

Sonic: "Faker? I thought we dropped the name-calling of 'faker' a long time ago!"

Sonic turned to look at Shadow, a teasing smirk grew on his face.

Sonic: "You only ever say it rarely, sometimes when you're panicked, do you care about me?"

Shadow: "I do, now step away, aren't you supposed to be afraid of water?"

Sonic: "Answer my question first."

Shadow: "Which one?"

Sonic: "The first one. The one about you drinking it and I'm asking if it had any side effects."

The ebony hedgehog stood beside Sonic with one arm wrapped tightly around his waist. Refusing to let go.

Shadow: "I did, nothing really happened since it was only a little bit. Nothing happened after I drowned too."

Suddenly, Shadow noticed something with their reflections, Shadow's was normal, but Sonic's was different. His was more blurry, and with every blink Sonic does, his reflection casts his eyes with a dark void black color, it was weird.

He pulled Sonic away from the water, holding him close. Sonic chuckles at the action, he cooperates anyway to avoid further arguing.

Shadow: "We should really go.. "