7: Lovely Stroll

Shadow's POV:

I was walking with Sonic in the middle of the jungle, It was peaceful and calm most of the time except when Sonic gets an idea and shares it with me, stupid ideas. And I have no choice but the answer all of them. sigh.

Sonic: But then It's not cool anymore! Chilidogs with no spice? no extras?!

Shadow: They're called normal hotdogs Sonic, and they sell better.

Sonic: Whaaat?! 

I rolled my eyes at him and faced forward. I saw the sun starting to set so me and Sonic decided to stay for a while.

Shadow: Do you wanna camp here for now?

Sonic: Sure!

We pulled out our camping cots (beds) and laid it on the ground, got prepared, and laid down on It. We were both staring at the evening stars at the slightly turning pink sky.

Sonic: Look at that, beautiful huh?

Shadow: I admit, It's nice.

Sonic: I cant imagine anything more beautiful, other than chilidogs.

Shadow: really? Not anything else beautiful? 

Sonic: No?

Shadow: like a person maybe? Another hedgehog?

Sonic: You mean Amy? 

Shadow: I... guess.

Sonic: I mean, erm... She's okay.

Shadow: You think she's ugly?

Sonic: What? No! She's really nice but not my style.

Shadow: I bet I look better.

Sonic: You do. You're on my top ten most beautiful things. Amy's only on top 30

Shadow: Wow, what am I? Top 8 or something?

Sonic: I'll rank It for you.

Shadow: You don't have to.

Sonic: Okay, well I'll just say you're top 4.

Shadow: Oh, thanks. 

That's kind of sweet of him, thinking I'm handsome. I don't rank what I think are beautiful but for me Sonic's number 1. 2. Maybe 3. I don't know, I like Taylor Swift, she's the best. But Amy on top 30? Wow Sonic, are you sure you like her?

I stared back onto the stars, now It really was getting darker. I saw Sonic who was already asleep,  he must be really tired, I tucked him in his blanket so he doesn't get cold. I'm not gonna kiss him on the cheek by the way.

I laid back and started to drift asleep, thinking about Sonic and his existence, thinking about what we could've done together if we were never rivals. But we cant turn back time here can we? Bummer for real.

The sun was up for sure, I wanted to open my eyes but they were so tired. I woke up and saw the trees and birds and vines surrounding us, and the bright blue sky on top. I looked to my right to see Sonic sitting crisscrossed and he was eating a fruit that was surely not a Glow Fruit.

I sat up silently, he noticed me and greeted me good morning, I did the same back. By the looks of It, It's probably 7-9:00 right now because the sun still isn't completely up, but I lost track of my counting I don't know what time It is now.

Sonic: Check out this new fruit I found, It's definitely not deadly I swear.

Shadow: How do you know?

Sonic: I um... Ate It, duh?

Shadow: You know that could've killed you right? And I have no other Sonic replacements out there that's accurate.

Sonic: You care? Aww...

Shadow: And? What If I do, does It matter?

Sonic: Yes! Cause we're supposed to be rivals!

Shadow: Screw that, screw you. I'm looking for somewhere that doesn't have Sonic.

Sonic: Huh, mood swing?

I stood up and marched, well not actually marched, but I walked over to I'm guessing south direction, I knew Sonic would've followed but I didn't care.

I ended up at a river with a waterfall, It was a weird one in fact, the water was smoking and red but I was sure It wasn't lava since It wasn't as hot as lava, It was just warm and probably acts as a spa pool. I sat beside the water and heard that blue hedgehog's footsteps, I memorized his shoe sounds and walking patterns.

Sonic: Well guess what, you're not going anywhere without a Sonic. What did you find anyway.

Shadow: Ugh... Nothing special, just a weird red river, It's warm, red and smoking.

Sonic: That's so cool! 

I rolled my eyes and saw Sonic sat beside me (again) and staring at me. I stared back at him, my face starting to warm up and turn red like this river. I can see It's the same for him too. His eyes sparkled with the light reflecting from the river, It was like look at the milky way from afar and they were amazing...

I realized we were staring too long and broke the tension, I looked the opposite direction while my hand was covering my muzzle. I felt a silent breeze pass by and the grass shifted, It was the perfect moment for both of us, and so I decided to confess to Sonic.

Shadow: Sonic, have you ever-...

But when I turned back around, Sonic was gone. I stood up and started looking for him, he wouldn't run away right? No! Of course not, we both agreed to stick together. I dashed back to our camp site and saw him packing his stuff again.

Shadow: Sonic?

Sonic: Hey Shadz! You should start packing too, we better get going on this adventure right?

I frowned of dissapointment, the perfect moment was ruined. I took my stuff and walked with Sonic once again, along the way were many paths and unique animals and insects we have never seen before. But my minds were so flooded, this time not about Sonic but about Eggman. What could have they done in Earth, I'm nervous one day when we get back, Earths already gone.

Sonic: Don't you think this place is so... Wonderful, so mysterious and interesting.

Shadow: Really? I've never seen you so focused on your surroundings.

Sonic: Well, It reminds me of you.

Shadow: You think I'm Interesting?

Sonic: Why would I not?

He kept walking looking left and right, I wandered back into my thoughts and found myself staring at the blue hedgehog, I started looking around aswell. It really was nice and calm, and for once he wasn't noisy, maybe he was thinking the same thing I was. Maybe he likes me back.

Maybe.