25. Get Them Back

Chapter 25 - "Get Them back"

Third Person POV:

Tails: "AAAHH!"

The two-tailed yellow fox was flung across the big wide room by a deranged badnik, crashing into a wall and leaving a few cracks, the back of his head had ruffled fur and a crimson red scar from the impact. Rouge rushed into the room, her eyes scanned the room, chaos everywhere. Fire had scaled the walls, tens, if not, thousands of badniks filled the large volume of the bunker, nowhere was safe.

The panicked white bat ran to the poor fox lying on the floor, Tails tried to stand but the scar on his head was making it merely impossible to.

Rouge: "Tails! Are you okay? What happened!? I was just out looking for Sonic and I saw smoke coming out of the bunker."

Rouge's loud voice filled Tails's ears, he fought for the action to open his eyes and speak.

Tails: "E-Eggman... He- He found our hideout..."

Breathy mumbles barely escaped the tip of his tongue, but it was enough for Rouge to hear. She saw Marianne from the side of her eye, she called out to her with the last of her trembling voice, holding back tears at the sight of the Fox.

The blonde nurse replied quickly by rushing to the fox with a first aid kit. Marianne had a bandaged arm, a mask on her face and blood splattered all over her nurse attire.

Rouge: "Bring him to safety.. And find a place to hide outside for now, I'll be calling on our coms for anymore injured people."

Marianne: "I'll do my best... A-And most of the Sonic Team are at the right wing, protecting a few citizens."

Marianne kneeled down to pick up the badly injured fox, whose eyes are now shut. The white bat wiped tears and placed a hand on the human's shoulder, nodding, and heading out to the others in the bunker. The nurse stood and rushed out the doors and trying to avoid any contact with Eggman's AI's. 

Rouge made it to the Left Wing and saw Amy and Knuckles fighting and looking like they dipped in a blood and mechanical oil bath. Silver was inside a forcefield he'd created to protect a few human children and a few other Mobians. Blaze was trying to lure a few badniks away from the  area.

Rouge ran to Amy and Knuckles to fight the overpowered robots. Amy faced Rouge with a worried and tired face.

Amy: "No sign of Sonic?"

Rouge: "Barely a quill. Tails is with Marianne outside, he got hurt badly."

*BANG!!!*

Amy and Rouge turned to Knuckles who had been hit by a strong metal hammer from one of the robots, he collapsed down the floor with an unconscious face, his eyes were open yet blank, he was breathing but barely.

Rouge screamed to his fall, she looked around and yelled with her most powerful voice, it could be heard by everyone in the room.

Rouge: "EVERYONE! FALL BACK!!!"

Silver and Blaze gathered lots of citizens including the injured Knuckles, and lead them to the path outside while trying to run from the robots, Rouge tapped Amy's shoulder.

Rouge: "Ames, help me find more people, some could be stuck."

Amy: "I got your back."

The two ladies went opposite ways everywhere in the Bunker, gathering all those who were left behind. But the walls and the low ceiling started collapsing, they gathered the last of the survivors and tried to run as fast as the could to the emergency exit, avoiding each badnik.