18: Love makes you do stupid things.

Chapter 18: "Love makes you do stupid things."

Sonic's POV:

We were inside the castle, all of us gathered there. Except for Shadow. Tails was doing the finishing touches with the staff crystal. Everyone around was waiting, I was sitting on the corner of the room, thinking about 2 days ago. Stix walks up to me and sits beside me.

I glanced at her, moving slightly to give her space to sit.

Sonic: "What do you want Stix?"

Stix: "What happened with you and Shadow?"

Sonic: "Why are you asking? It's none of your business.."

Stix: "Because he's not here with us waiting."

I scoffed, and made my sitting position more comfortable.

Sonic: "The reason he lied, was really stupid."

Stix: "Tell me about it."

Sonic: "He said he wants to stay here, with me, and only with me. Which is stupid cause- I'm a hero, I have lives to save and I cant just lie around on some vacation planet with my lover! I called him selfish and, some other... Mean things..."

Stix: "I see..."

She looked away and fixed her sitting position.

Stix: "It can be hard to commit to things when they're usually not normal, or when they're out of your comfort zone. Sure, he messed up, but who'd think a guy like him would fall in love after years of not. I mean, ya gotta hand it to him, he hasn't fell in love with anyone in any way ever since he lost Maria. And it's hard to replace the person you love the most with someone else."

Sonic: "I'm not getting you here Stix." (same, sonic -author)

Stix: "yeah, I can tell. Maybe he just... sees you as an opportunity to love again. He wants to feel special emotions again! And maybe, what do you know? You might just be his type~"

Sonic: "Ha! I doubt that.."

Stix: "Well, isn't that why he likes you?"

Sonic: "Sure, but, can we not get off topic right now?"

Stix chuckled.

Stix: "Did we switch roles or something? You're usually the one to go off topic."

Sonic: "Psh, stop it."

She chuckled even more.

Stix: "... Love makes you do stupid things."

Sonic: "That's a stupid excuse."

Stix: "Sure, it's not fit for all situations, but it's true! There's no one in the world that hasn't done stupid things when they're in love."

Sonic: "... I don't know, I never really fell in love entirely."

Stix: "Not even with Amy? Or Shadow?"

Sonic: "I'm... I don't think I'm fit for love to be honest. I've seen some other Heroes in comics where they have to choose between the love of their life or the safety of their home, which is what I'm dealing with right now."

Stix: "That is a valid reason, but if I learned one thing about you, is that you don't let any of your friends get hurt no matter the problem. Where is that Sonic I once knew?"

Sonic: "What do you mean?"

Stix: "You always find another way around! What? Don't tell me you don't notice that too?!"

Sonic: "But I'm just- This is different. This is personal, really personal."

Stix: "Well, romance isn't my specialty, this is as far as I can cut down. But remember everything I said, it might come in handy."

Stix stood up from her spot, she looked at me from the corner of her eye.

Stix: "It's your choice if you wanna leave Shadow here or you bring him with you, but both options will definitely leave a scar. You cant wait for everything to be easier just for you to finally be happy."

I smiled at her, genuinely.

Sonic: "Thanks, I love this new you."

Stix scoffed playfully and walked on over to Tails. Tails was still working on the crystal, running tests and quick examinations.

Stix: "How is it?"

Tails: "Almost done but I cant say when, it's best we say our goodbyes to you now"

Stix: "Hm, I'll miss being with you goons."

Amy, Knuckles and Tails went over to Stix and hugged her, I watched from the same corner of the room with a soft grin on my face. I saw a few tears fall from Stix's face, it was heartbreaking but she still kept on a small smile. She let go of them and glanced back at me.

Stix: "Keep saving Earth for me, will ya?"

I nodded and stood up, Tails went back to working on his project, I walked closer to them, observing the crystal myself.

I thought about Shadow, and bringing him along. But really, how can I trust him with the world in his hands when he doesn't even care?! (I'm the world, im his world) I went deeper in to thought, soon after Tails yelped.

Tails: "It's... It's! It's on!"

Amy: "We're going home?!"

Tails: "Yes! Just like we got here! Through explosion."

Sonic: "Wait, when?"

Tails: "I don't know, but any second now it'll explode and everything it touches will be transported back to Earth!"

Sonic: "Any... Any second?...."

Stix: "Well, I better get out now before I get dragged with you all."

Stix hugged them one more time, before she rushed out and we all watched.

But wait, I change my mind... I wanna bring Shadow with me, there's no time, there's no time, there's no time!

Tails: "Sonic, come on! it's gonna pop any time soon!"

Sonic: "But- What about- What about Shadow?! He's-- I need to get him!"

I tried to dash quickly out the door, but before I could, Tails  grabbed my hand. Idiot.

Sonic: "Let me go! I need to bring him with us!"

Amy: "I thought he betrayed us?!"

Sonic: "No, no, no! I need to-"

Tails: "Sonic, I'm so sorry- If you try to catch up to him, you'll be left behind!"

The crystal started glowing, it was about to explode, no, no, no! NO TIME!

Sonic: "Let GO!"

Amy: "SONIC!----"

Moments later, everything felt sharp, I couldn't see anything, I opened my eyes and saw a whole new place.

Sonic: "No... No, No no no! NOO!"

Shadow... He's... He's stuck there....

AUTHOR: AHHHH SHIIIIIIIT I FORGOT THE EGGOLLIDER WASN'T A CRYSTAL IT WAS A BOMB. UHHHH JUST- JUST IMAGINE PART OF THE BOMB WAS CRYSTAL LIKE- IM SO SORRY- I FORGOT A LOT ABOUT THIS BOOK HEEHEE MY BAD

anyway yeah im back