14: Sticks and Stones

Shadow's POV:

It's been a while since I separated from the rest of the pack, I'm still upset about earlier and I cant seem to get it off my head, I didn't even care where I was or where Stix was.

*snap!*

Shadow: ??? Was that a branch?

*boom!* *thud!*

. . .

Third Person POV:

Knuckles: We've been walking for miles!

Tails: Aren't you amazed by the adventures?

Sonic: No not quite.

The two-tailed kit looked at Sonic with a worried face, he put his hand on his shoulder.

Tails: This is about that, isn't it?

The blue hedgehog looked away annoyed, he clearly did not want to talk about it.

Tails: Whatever it is, it'll pass away soon, it always does with you. You're Sonic!

Sonic smiles softly at his bestfriend, Amy however was pouting silently still jealous about Sonic and Shadow's relationship.

Tails: Maybe we should check on Shadow, even if he's mature enough who knows? he could be lost right now.

Sonic: Yeah, yeah that's a great idea.

Tails took a look at his gadget and saw Shadows location many miles away from them.

Tails: He's 10 miles away from his last location, and he's moving.

Sonic: Oh, good to know he's alive. Let's call him?

Tails: Great idea.

The hedgehog pressed a bunch of numbers on his watch.

Sonic: Okay, so I start talking? Okay. 

Sonic was a little hesitant as he moved the watch closer to his mouth. But he spoke anyway.

Shadow's POV:

*ring ring*

I heard my watch ring, these stupid kidnappers took it away though. Now I'm here on a what seems to be a carriage with my mouth tide shut and my hands as well. I cant do anything right now, I wanna see what happens anyway. 

The carriage stopped at a certain location, these masked men opened the door and pulled me out. What stood in front of me was huge gates coated in gold and silver with a touch of jewels and vines, they opened it and pushed me inside. We walked until we reached a castle and inside it.

???: Who is this you brought to me?.

Guard: Your highness, I have brought to you a hedgehog who has entered our property.

???: Let me see him closer...

The mysterious figure walked from her throne to me, her voice clicked in me, I knew it.

???: What are you doing here, Shadow The Hedgehog?

Great. Stix. The guards took off the cloth on my mouth so I could speak.

Shadow: You know, the rest has been looking for you. And you're just here being a queen?

Stix: Hey, It's not my fault I became a queen, they needed a queen so i came to their aid. Plus I love the wilderness and nature this planet has to offer.

Shadow: Also, can you tell your minions to give me back my communicator? It's been ringing for long, nice crystal staff by the way.

Stix: Thanks, George, Leonard, give him back his watch.

Guards: Yes ma'am!

I clicked the answer button on the screen, suddenly I heard a voice inside, sounds like a voice mail, from Sonic too. 

"Hey Shadz, yeah, hi. Just here to check on you, I hope you're okay, and sorry about earlier. Stay safe, let's meet up later."

The audio played loud, I was relieved they're okay, nice of him to care about me though. Stix stared weirdly.

Stix: Now I'm not a relationship expert but--

Shadow; Don't mention it.

I pressed a button on my watch and it immediately went to a call, they picked up fast and the first thing I heard was my beloved's voice.

Sonic: Shadow?! Oh uh, hello! Where are you right now? your GPS tracker just shows you're in the thick parts of the woods.

Shadow: Sonic, I found Stix.

Tails: really? Okay, stay where you are! We're coming.

The two-tailed fox replied to me, I rolled my eyes. Stix looked at me as they hung up.

Stix: Nuh-uh, I don't want to leave this planet.

My eyes widened, I glared at her surprised and spoke.

Shadow: how could you not want to go home? Everything you've ever needed is there.

Stix: I know, but I've never been this close to nature before. And you know how I am with plants and trees. You might think of me as just a cavewoman loon that's crazy about the environment but I am so much more, I have a reason to stay.

Shadow: But, what about the others? You like being with them right?

Stix: yeah, but I'm happier here. Our earth was nice but I like this planet better.

My jaw dropped, damn I didn't know she'd talk seriously for once, did she start growing character development? Soon the rest of the Sonic team showed up. 

Me and Stix looked at them who was panting, maybe they were in a hurry to find Stix.

Sonic: Stix! There you are! And Shadow...

Stix: Oh, Hello.

Amy: Woah, Stix I-I've never seen you wear an outfit like that.

Shadow: She's the Queen of this area. 

Amy: Not talking to you.

Ugh.

Tails: Stix, glad we found you, now we can go home complete now! Just figuring how for now...

Stix: Go home?

Shadow: I cant believe I'm saying this but, Stix gained character development.

Tails: wait, what?

Stix: what? I like this place and the people here. It's what I've always been dreaming of, and the technology you all work with was never fit for me. It was nice being a Hero for our home but now I wanna be a hero my way.

Sonic: ho-hold on, you're not coming with us??..

Stix: Give me time to think about it goons. Excuse me, I have something to do.

4 guards followed her away, I stared at the others who seemed flabbergasted as I was earlier.

Amy: S-Since when was Stix so... Serious?

Knuckles: And she's Queen now.

Tails: Well, we cant go home now until her mind's made up I guess.

I noticed at the corner of my eyes, Sonic was staring at me. I guess it was about earlier again. I still felt disappointed, but I had to figure out something to fix this.

Silently, I grabbed Sonic's hands and pulled him away to a private room. He was so confused but I guess he just let it happen and stayed silent. I looked at him with regret in my eyes but I tried to hide it.

Sonic: ... I-I'm sorr--

Shadow: I'm the one who should be apologizing actually. 

Not letting go of his two warm hands, and maintaining eye contact with him, I got closer.

Shadow: I'm sorry for just leaving like that, I should've just stayed and hid my emotions.

Sonic: Shut up idiot, I don't want you to be emo, plus if you hadn't left then we would have never found Stix.

Shadow: Well, you're right.

Sonic: Since we're this close, might as well start redoing our relationship.

Shadow: What- what do you mean-

He went up to my face and kissed me on the cheek and backed away slowly, our hands still together. I felt my face lightly blush.

Sonic: I forgive you.

Shadow: y-yeah, okay...

We walked out the room and saw the rest of the group brainstorming about something. We walked up to Tails who seemed to be thinking deep.

Tails: What took you so long? Come on, I have an idea how to get back.

Sonic: Really?

Tails: Yeah follow me!

Tails ran in the halls of the castle, I have no idea what he's up to. But he's tails, he knows what he's doing.

(edited)

(WORKING ON A NEW FANFIC CAUSE I AM EXTRA BORED!!! It's called Rewind, Restart. I'M STILL DEVELOPING IT SO, YEAH. STAY TUNED)