19: Point Of No Return

Chapter 19: "Point Of No Return"

Third Person POV:

Tears fell down his eyes, not believing what was happening, Shadow, he's not gonna come back anymore.

Amy: "Sonic? Are you okay?"

Sonic: "No... No- Shadow- we- we left him..."

Amy: "Shadow is a rival, an enemy. And he betrayed us too!"

I turned to face Amy with anger shown in his eyes.

Sonic: "OH! F--- YOU AMY!"

Amy flinched, it was rare hearing Sonic get insanely mad at his friends, and it was clear Amy was not ready for that. Tails taps on his shoulder

Tails: "Sonic, maybe you should-"

Sonic: "And YOU."

Sonic turns around, Tails also flinching a bit.

Sonic: "You just let that happen?! You left someone on a planet with no return without even telling them! That's not so heroic is it?"

Tails: "Sonic, you have to understand! I couldn't do anything, I know little about the planet's resources and how they work, and it was an accident to turn it on!"

Sonic: "Accident? Accident?! You were joyful it turned on!"

Tails: "That's because we finally have a way home! You know I never intentionally wanted to leave Shadow behind! And I stopped you from doing so since you too would be left behind even with your fast speeds! And even if you did, you think Shadow would easily cooperate after you two had an argument?! Nothing in life instantly just passes by, you know that."

Sonic grunts, knowing Tails was right. He pulled his quills in anger.

Knuckles was observing the argument, he turned around in curiosity and saw what lied before his eyes... An entirely new city.

Knuckles: "Uh, guys? Are we still at our island or is this someplace new?"

Tails looks to where Knuckles was facing, he saw towering towers brightly lit and fires spreading everywhere, and most importantly, Eggman's signature face on top of the tallest tower.

This wasn't their original island, it was a city, it was their old city. But if it was conquered by Eggman, it was no good.

Tails: "He- He conquered the old city..."

Sonic turned around too, observing the city lights before him.

Sonic: "Cant my life get any worse?!"

Sonic charged up his speed, emitting blue lights around him. Tails saw this and stopped him quickly.

Tails: "Sonic. What are you planning."

Sonic: "I'm gonna stop that damn Egg-head!"

Tails: "Now?! We barely have anything on standby, no plan B, and no where to go! This is entirely new territory since we left!"

Sonic: "Yeah, you're right... Oh! Wait- I don't care! I have a lot on my mind right now and I cant bare to hold all of them at once."

Amy: "Sonic, do you even hear yourself? We're your friends, you should take our advice."

The Blue Hedgehog went back to his original stance, he rubbed his forehead and sighed. He looked at Tails and plastered on a desperate mood.

Sonic: "Can we just... Rest for now?..."

Tails knew Sonic didn't wanna deal with any of this as much as he did, they all wanted to take a break. 

Tails: "The Question is... Where?"

Sonic: "I guess we have to do a little exploring..."

We all agreed and decided to explore the city while keeping a low profile.

Shadow's POV:

I decided to go out of my cabin to take some fresh air, wondering where Sonic is. The moment I got out, I spied on the castle from afar. And all of a sudden, a chunk of the castle exploded and disappeared. Shit. I know that explosion.

Shadow: "What.... No, No, this cant--"

I dashed over to the castle and saw Stix running outside. She saw me and she called out.

Stix: "Shadow?!"

Shadow: "Stix, where... What... That was the explosion when we-"

Stix: "They went home, Shadz.."

My soul dropped, they left me, they left me!

Shadow: "They left with out me?..."

Stix: "I'm so... so sorry Shadow...."

I clenched my fists and grunted. I dashed away hoping to regain my sanity, I dashed through the forests and jungles. Going absolutely anywhere, I ran for a while until finally stopping, I ran for so long that I reached our starting point, where me and Sonic ended up. 

I sat down at a broken log and rethought everything we've been through, and his team, they never really trusted me, did they? I'm their rival! Once they see me as an evil guy, I'll be the evil guy. Now I'm stuck here, and there's nothing I can do about this sh-t, I'm not some smartass like tails to make a new machine to get me out. Damnit, I hope they're doing better than I am... Screw it, I hope they die in a fiery pit for leaving me stranded here.

author: oh boy