||Chapter 26||

*cough cough*

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

*cough cough*

I wheeze squinting my eyes open but there is only darkness, a blindfold. "What the-" I mutter trying to comprehend what's going on. Suddenly I remember what had happened. I start tugging at what seems to be thick roots holding me to a metal post. "FUCK!"

"Watch your mouth, Ember. That's no way for a queen to speak." A female with short raven black hair comments taking my blindfold off. Her eyes are a vibrant emerald green. She raises her right arm and makes a fist as the roots around my limbs tighten. I clench my teeth at the discomfort. I glance around trying to make sense of things. I seem to be in an old house. There is dust coating the furniture, dirt caking the floor and a musty smell filling the air. Smell's like a grandma.

"This is a little kinky." I mutter, humor laced in my voice as I try and lighten the mood.

"Disgusting, you're a queen?" The girl asks, disgusted etched onto her features.

"Nope, just a girl... A normal girl, living in a normal world, life is fantastic, it's sarcastic. You could pull my hair, touch me everywhere. Ejeculation, I'm your new sensation-" The roots around me tighten.

"Are you singing? What is wrong with you?" The girl asks, confusion written all over her face.

"What? Have you never seen barbie? I just made the song a little... better." I laugh nervously towards the end. "Did you not like it?" I ask, fake crying a little bit.

"Shut the hell up!" The girl snaps. "I'm gonna be your worst nightmare!"

"CRINGE." I yell slightly, humor still laced in my words. "What's with people kidnapping me?" I ask, pulling at the roots around my wrists. "What do you want with me?"

"Well you see, Alya seems to think you're useful so she will return what she took from you." The girl explains, her voice stone cold.

"What are you talking about?" I question.

"Hazel, I'll take it from here." A strong, and powerful feminine voice says. The female's silver gray hair cascades in loose waves over her shoulders. Her face, older than mine but still youthful, looms over me.

"Yes Alya." The female known as Hazel says bowing before walking to the back of the room.

"Mommy," I say softly, maintaining eye contact with Alya. "I mean... Ma'am." I say biting my lip.

Alya's touch upon my face is forceful, triggering a torrent of memories flooding my mind. Imagines of my torturous childhood cascades through my thoughts: My parent's heated arguments, objects hurled and shattered, my mother's violent outbursts directed at me, moments of confinement in a darkened room, the sensation of being locked away. It's an overwhelming surge of emotions, as if every pain I've ever endured is resurfacing simultaneously, making it almost unbearable.