||Chapter 19||

Dark Desires | Chapter 19

"SHE DOESN'T WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU!!!" I heard my mom scream, causing me to jolt from my bed

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!" I heard the familiar voice of my father's roar. I quickly get up and start to walk downstairs, my heart in my throat as I see them both fighting. Standing by my dad is a short brunette female who looks to be in her mid-30s.

"Hi Emma, I know I haven't been in touch for a while, but I just got married." My dad pauses, turning towards the Brunette female, a warm smile on her lips as they look at each other with love. "I'm trying to change, I'm not the same man that you grew up with. I wanted to know if you would want to come stay with us for a while?" My dad asks, a pleading look in his eyes.

I look over at my mom who's shaking her head rapidly, I look back at my dad, my heart clenching at the sudden confrontation.

It would be so nice to get away from my mom and what if he has changed...? But what about Ashley and Aelin? I would have to leave them and everything I know here...

"I-I.." I pause, everyone's eyes on me.

"See she doesn't want to, so stop forcing MY daughter into something she doesn't want" My mom hisses with venom in her voice.

"I'm not, she is perfectly capable of making her own decisions!" My father retorts in a harsh voice.

A thousand thoughts running through my mind but the only one I can hear is what about Ashley and Aelin. I feel my hands start to shake as my parents yell at each other. I'm barely able to hear my own thoughts before I can even realize what I'm about to do. I yell "JUST STOP, JUST LEAVE, AND NEVER COME BACK! That's what you're best at." I cry as everyone in the room goes silent, I glance in the mirror across the hallway and see my eyes are glowing red, I try to close them thinking I'm seeing things but they glow for a good few seconds before they fade.

Oh my god, what was that?

Moments later, my father and his wife walk out the door not even saying goodbye. I felt my heart clench as they walked out the door, I turn towards my mom, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I knew you loved me more." My mom remarks before walking out of the room. I blink my eyes rapidly, not wanting the tears to fall.

What have I done? No wait, I still have Ashley and Aelin... Everything is fine... I'm fine... I'm fine... I'm fine... BREATH!

I try to remind myself before I have a panic attack. Still feeling my heart in my throat, my legs feel numb but somehow they guide me back to my room, quickly getting into the shower. I sink to the floor as guilt washes over me and tears start to disappear in the water.