||Chapter 4||

Dark Desires | Chapter 4

||Continuation from chapter 2||

"What the hell?!" I question walking out of the portal watching Aelin jump through right as it closes. Her eyes are now returning to their natural blue color. I can't tell if I'm breathing heavily or not breathing at all. How can she have powers? What the fuck is going on?

"Literally the only thing you had to do was explain to her everything." Aelin says as I look at her and Ashley go back and forth.

"You say everything like it's easy to explain everything." Ashley groans. "And it's not like we understand everything ourselves."

"Oh my god." Aelin whispers under her breath while placing her hand on her forehead. "This is why I do shit on my own."

"You gave me an impossible job! She'd freak out if she fucking knew about our powers! We found out because we were drunk, she's sober. . . Who in their right mind wants to be fucking sober while learning about this shit?!"

"Uhh." I say confused. It's not like I'm freaking out or anything. . . Who am I kidding, I'm freaking out. I can feel my heart pounding against my chest as if it's trying to break out and leave the room. My eyes dart between Aelin and Ashley, waiting for one of them to explain. Are they government experiments? Or maybe Aliens? Human's can't be born with power's right?

"Ok, So basically what Ashley was supposed to tell you," She glares at Ashley "Was we both learned we have powers. We weren't going to tell you but I believe we can trust you. I can trust you." She looks at me and blushes. "So... we think we are the only two people who have these powers. We're not sure how we got them or why we have them. It's like something straight out of a movie honestly. So what do you think?" She asks nervously.

"Remember, if you freak out and threaten to tell people, I'll be forced to kill you." Ashley says as she folds her arms, a threatening look in her eyes.

"Shut up, Ash." Aelin says through gritted teeth.

"Umm. I-I, Well, W-what are they?" I am in complete shock. How, When, Why do they have these abilities, And why are they the only ones who have it? What if the government finds out? Will they do tests on them? Shit, what if they could end the world with their abilities. What if this is the beginning of the end for our world?!

"I have super strength." Ashley says, almost boredly, as if she's bored of her own power.

"And I have teleportation obviously. And illusion." Aelin answers, her eyes turning back to their powerful purple colors, a bouquet of roses appearing in her hand as we are suddenly outside, the ocean in the background. I watch in shock as she kneels down on one knee, about to hand me the roses. As I reach out to grab them, they burst into butterflies, of all colors. I look around, giggling at all the butterflies flying past my head. The sky shifts to a beautiful display of pastel pinks, purples, blues, and yellows. It looks as if Aelin had painted the colors on the sky herself, like the world is her canvas. I look back at Aelin, who's now standing up, a proud smile plastered on her lips at her handy work.