☾︎89☽︎

Gojo whispered, looking at his first student more like a son limbless and breathless. Despite despair, she remained strong.

_ It's not over yet. There's a light inside everyone's chest. Only when it vanishes the person is dead. Are you listening?

_ ....

_ DON'T GIVE UP! I can't teleport from this distance, but there's definitely a way. Don't you have a teleportation gate in the Middle East?

_ I don't.

_ Maybe near this area?

Y/n couldn't believe that Megumi would die just because she won't make it in time.

_ Release your whole power.

_ Can you-

_ Do it.

_ Cage me inside your domain, otherwise, I'll lose control over the burden.

She didn't waste any time, and both teleported to a closer place, then she focused on releasing all her repressed energy. She freed the burden' souls ignoring Sukuna's serious warnings.

"The zombies ate you cuz you let their power exceed yours. Don't do it again." A knock on her crown was a light punishment.

Soon she felt exhausted and reached the peak of handling her energy. Meanwhile, Gojo could feel that horrific aura. When she couldn't hear nor see, she realized that her power was successfully subdued inside Gojo' domain.

"Hang on me." The sight of his ripped off arm shocked the girl. However, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he said. The man touched the ground to come back to Japan.

"I have to heal you-" She lost her balance, so he picked her up with one arm.

"I'm fine." He walked to Megumi's bed, looking forward with dead eyes and an upset face. The burden almost gobbled her up, but she remained conscious to heal her precious friend.

I won't lose him, I won't lose him too...

She saw him in that miserable state, blood oozed from his unrecognizable body. The light inside his chest almost extinguished. The healing process demanded huge energy and she kept it up despite her blurry vision and bloody coughs.

Don't close your eyes, don't, don't...

She repeated to herself until she saw his body fully healed, and his eyes slowly opened, which allowed to finally close hers. Gojo hugged her closer when she fainted. Hence, she's his hero, he had never wished to hug someone so tight in his life, alas he had one arm to do so.

"Gojo sensei, y/n ?" Gojo's frustration of losing Megumi vanished.

"Yo, Megumi." He smiled a bit.

"Me-gu..." She mumbled and finally gave up her body to the souls. Y/n lost the sense of time inside the burden. No matter how she asked for Sukuna' help, he never responded, which worried her.

She tried to make deals with the burden' souls as Mahito previously advised, then she succeeded at getting back the control over them after liberating some. Slowly, her body listened to her and began moving. A warm hand held hers, and the person's cologne was comforting and familiar.