☾︎92☽

Last act ❦︎ Love & Rivals

"I wonder how many people would be surprised like you are." The mouth appeared on her cheek instead.

"Showing yourself now means you struggle to swap up like usual. So just spit it out." The teacher sought information and feared knowledge for the first time.

"Torment is all she'll feel compared to the brat." The worst scenarios filled their imagination. Obviously, he had other evil intentions in addition. The mouth chuckled and licked around her cheek. Before he talked again, she slapped her face, and the mouth reappeared on her knuckles.

"I keep wondering how she loved someone like you." Rage sparkled into Nobara's eyes, then she slammed the door behind her.

"What do you want, Sukuna?" Megumi asked.

"Haven't you wondered why I nearly killed you?" The guy tensed up when the king told him the reason in a few words.

"Either she dies, or you sacrifice your cursed energy." The mouth disappeared and Megumi took his time to think before answering. He sighed at the look over his teacher's face, waiting for him to ask for advice. 

"So, will you give him what he seeks?" They sat on the couch as Megumi glanced at Gojo.

"What would you have done in a similar situation?" Megumi always ends up talking to Gojo before deciding.

"Sacrifice my powers or she'll suffer?" He rubbed his chin a bit."I won't be able to protect her or anyone else as a result." He pursed his lips, and before giving his last answer, Megumi stood up.

"I'll be counting on you and the others to protect me then." Megumi wanted to join Nobara.

"I don't think he'll tolerate being hated by her. He could've killed you and taken your power, but he thinks of her happiness more than expected. Seeing her weak body like that makes me wonder if he can take it on a whim, even if he can, he won't." Logical reasoning was the best way to  change his mind.

"After she betrayed him, he won't hold back." Megumi uttered.

"He won't hurt her." Gojo confirmed."He likes her. Finally, the king of curses has a weakness." Sorrow ran through his voice.

"Usually, you're vigorous about people' weaknesses." Megumi left the apartment like Nobara.

"Cuz she's my weakness too..." Gojo whispered then called Shoko.

_ What do you want me for?

_ I can't take care of y/n because I'm too busy for the next few days. I want you to stay by her side for the time being.

_ Sukuna talked through her.

_ Already? He'll end up invading her body in a short time because she's his perfect vessel. The first time you brought her to me, her injury was weirdly healed thanks to one of his fingers. Sukuna warned her to not use it again because after the blood bond, they became more compatible than they already were... the fingers would dissolve into her body. Unlike Yuji, only him will remain, and she'll slowly disappear.

_ Is there something I can do to slow down the process?

_ Unfortunately, we walked right into his trap. You have one month to make your decision.

_ What decision?

_ She might resist for one month, but then she'll pass out at any time. You choose if you want to kill her now or when he succeeds. Take into consideration that her powers might belong to him when he takes over. If that happens, we're all dead.