CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

UNBURIED FEELINGS

UNBURIED FEELINGS

...💔...

PENCIL in hand, Fly sat tucked in a booth at Harry's, drawing in her sketchbook. It had become a regular thing, getting the tumultuous thoughts rattling around in her mind onto paper whilst taking comfort in the mindless hub of chatter in the diner. It was better than being alone and with Darren now spending their nights with Ca$h, that's exactly what she was.

Fly glanced up as a banana milkshake was set in front of her and her lips twitched upwards as Harper stood before, decked out in her new uniform "Well don't you look like a hot candy cane?"

"Yeah, yeah, lap it up." Harper smiled "It could be the last time you see it if this trial shift goes to shit."

"Darren?" Chaka's raised voice sounded from the kitchens "Did you deep fry your g-string?"

Darren's eyes widened as they spun away from the table they were serving "It was an accident."

"That's the fifth time this month!"

The girls shared a look and Fly snickered "If Darren can keep this job so can you."

Harper shook her head with a grin before leaving her to it and Fly took a sip of her milkshake before resuming her drawing. She had just finished shading in a section when another figure hovered at the side of her table. Her eyes lifted only to falter slightly at the sigh of Ca$h with his hands in his pockets "Hey..."

"Can I sit?" he questioned and she nodded a little before he slid in across from her. The silence was deafening between them before Ca$h cleared his throat "Um... how you been?"

"Fine." She muttered, closing her sketchbook over.

Ca$h nodded before swallowing thickly "Thanks... for dropping the case."

Fly's breath hitched looking down for a moment with her eyebrows furrowed before she lifted her gaze to his once more "Do you still see him?"

"Fuck no." He assured, shaking his head wildly.