CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THREE OF SWORDS

THREE OF SWORDS

⚠️Just a reminder that this book deals with serious and possibly triggering topics, and like the episode it's based on, this does include SA

⚠️
Just a reminder that this book deals with serious and possibly triggering topics, and like the episode it's based on, this does include SA. There will be detailed flashbacks, so proceed with caution.
______💔______

LEGS dangling off the old pier, Fly and Amerie sat on either side of Harper, watching the sun rise together. They'd helped clean up the McClean girl before heading to Amerie's and whilst Mrs. Wadia contacted the hospital and Helena, the three girls went out for some air. It had been silent between them for a while, both Fly and Amerie wanting to give Harper the space to talk when she was ready, but it seemed the blonde needed a little push.

"We can't imagine what you've been through, but we want to understand." Amerie began, sharing a glance with Fly "So are you ready to talk?"

Harper nodded before taking a deep breath "It started the day of Summer Riot..."

Harper finished plaiting her hair, smiling at her reflection as excitement for the festival overtook her. Confident with how she looked she made her way into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and emptying it down the sink before filling it with vodka. She had it almost full when she heard the front door close and quickly put the vodka bottle back in the fridge before standing just as her dad walked into the room "Hey, Harps. You got any coins on you?"

"Why?" She questioned slowly. She knew what he was like when he drank.

He let out a sigh "My bloody bank card's expired and the idiots haven't sent me a new one. It's just for milk, Ducky."

Harper sighed as she recalled the memory "I knew what milk meant. He'd blow it in the pub and when he drinks... it's like he doesn't recognise me. He's convinced a wolf is trying to break into the house and that night he thought I was the wolf. I wasn't Ducky anymore."

"Which is why you wanted to spend the night at my house." Amerie realised with a guilty frown.

Harper nodded, tugging her knee closer to her chest "When we went to pick up the drugs from Ca$h at Summer Riot, Chook was looking at me and something in his eyes... I felt sick. So I drank to forget. My dad, Chook. And then we saw you, Fly and I felt so guilty after what happened with Moth..."