CHAPTER THREE

SEND NOODLES

SEND NOODLES

THE morning after the night before was always anxiety inducing, but as Fly walked through the gates of school, headphones in place, her hangover anxiety was at an all time high

THE morning after the night before was always anxiety inducing, but as Fly walked through the gates of school, headphones in place, her hangover anxiety was at an all time high. She hadn't spoken a word to Spider since she kicked him out abruptly after their hookup. She wasn't sure what to say to the boy and the second they'd finished, she'd panicked and give him the boot.

Fly walked through the school yard spotting Amerie up ahead just as boy grabbed her bag "Oi, Map Bitch!"

Fly's shoulders dropped with a sigh as she watched the girls bag be tipped upside down, sending everything across the tarmac. Before she could think better of it, Fly made her way over to the girl, kneeling down to help her lick everything up much to Amerie's surprise "Thanks Fly." The pair got to their feet once they were done and Amerie frowned "Look, Fly—"

"Cool shirt." The girls turned to find Dusty approaching with Spider in tow much to Fly's chagrin.

"Thanks!" Amerie beamed.

The White boy scoffed as she looked to Amerie's t-shirt "Name one DZ Death Rays song."

"Shut up, Spider." All three chimed in sync before Fly was rolling her eyes and walking off.

She heard his footsteps as he rushed to catch up with her, fingers brushing her elbow "So, we gonna talk about it?"

"Nope." She chirped before tossing her arms around Ant who hoisted her onto his back while Malakai smiled "Hi baby."

Ant grinned over his shoulder at her "There's my girl."

Spider rolled his eyes before beginning to pull out the bag filled with slap bands "We gotta sell these tickets today. Five bucks a pop."

Spider tossed Ant his portion before before taking Fly's hand and slapping one on around her wrist as their eyes locked. He didn't let go of her hand, finger tips grazing the underside of her her palm until Malakai perked up "What are those for?"