CHAPTER SEVEN

RACK OFF

RACK OFF

THERE was no such thing as walking to school alone for Fly, not with Darren and Quinni as her friends, the latter of whom squealed quietly as they passed a poster for Sydney Pride "I'm so excited for Slay Ball this weekend

THERE was no such thing as walking to school alone for Fly, not with Darren and Quinni as her friends, the latter of whom squealed quietly as they passed a poster for Sydney Pride "I'm so excited for Slay Ball this weekend."

Darren grunted "Oof, the pink-washing that goes on around Mardi Gras is so gross."

"Yeah, but it's queer X-mas." Quinni argued happily.

"Nat King Cole said it." Fly smirked "Don we now our gay apparel—"

The three suddenly let out matching yelps and screeches as a figure leapt at their backs "Fa la la la la la la la!"

"No! No!" Darren yelled deeper than they ever had, wielding their textbooks as a weapon only to relax as a snickering Amerie slipped between Fly and Quinni who joined in on her laughter "Where have you been all my life?"

"Yeah, you totally wagged yesterday." Fly pointed out.

She shrugged with a grin, linking her arm through the Fernandez girls "I took a self-care day."

Fly's eyes narrowed suspiciously "Are you sure it was just you you 'took care' of?"

"Excuse me, I went to the beach, had some fish and chips..." she trailed off as Fly's eyes narrowed further "... had some sex."

"What?" Quinni gasped.

Amerie grinned "Your girl dropped the V plates! You couldn't tell, could you? Because I don't actually feel that different. Do I look different? Am I glowing?"

"No." Quinni admitted "But you do have a cornflake on your shirt."

"Who with?" Darren questioned as Amerie lifted her shirt to lick off her leftover breakfast "No wait, let me guess—"