CHAPTER EIGHT

DEBT TO PAY

DEBT TO PAY

FLY'S manicure was in ruins as she sat, knee bouncing on the bench as she tried to steady the rising nausea

FLY'S manicure was in ruins as she sat, knee bouncing on the bench as she tried to steady the rising nausea. Kurt had talked them through just what makes them an easy target but Fly wasn't listening, she couldn't hear much over the sound of her own racing heart after all "—So now you know the psychology of an offender, their selection process. It's time to learn how to get them to—?"

"Rack up?" Darren questioned mockingly.

"Rack off." He sighed as the class snickered sans Fly and Harper who fidgeted anxiously "Uh, so now I'm going to demonstrate some simple self-defence moves that you can practice on each other. So who wants to be a volunteer? Come on guys." His eyes scoured the unwilling group before landing on Fly who seemed out of it "How about you? In the front?"

Fly snapped out of her trance as Amerie nudged her and she looked around with wide eyes before swallowing thickly as she was urged up. Quinni grinned encouragingly as she shot her two thumbs up "You got this."

Fly made her way beside Kurt, and her breath hitched as he sudden,y grabbed hold of her wrist. She was quick to tense before tugging fruitlessly but his grip only tightened "So a man has a strong grip on you. Hey, you can't pull down or back, but the weakest part of the grip is the thumb."

Fly didn't hear the rest of his words as her heart rate sped up, the sound echoing in her ears as her gaze remained locked on Kurt's grip on her wrist. All of a sudden his aged hand morphed into tattooed knuckles and gold chains. With tear filled eyes she moved her gaze up the arms to see Chook's grinning face "Hey, sweetheart."

Before she could think it through, Fly's fist had shot up, landing a hook to her captors nose and as he yelled out and released her in his shock, Chook disappeared and in his place stood Kurt.

Fly's chest was heaving as a silence swept over the room while Kurt looked to her wide eyed, pinching his nose "Did you just hit me?"