CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE SHERIFF

THE SHERIFF

______💔______

______💔______

NEWS of Amerie's supposed affair with Miss. Obah had quickly spread throughout the school and those sentenced to SLT class had gathered to discuss it in the quad. Fly stood behind a still silent Quinni who sat with her headphones firmly in place, the green sleeves of her translucent shirt pulled over her palms, fingertips pressed against her lips in thought.

Ca$h raised an eyebrow as he approached the group "What do you reckon, ey?"

"I mean, it makes sense. Jojo's a clitbanger." Spider shrugged and Fly looked to him with a frown "She's always asking Amerie to stay back after class."

"And she asked me to the other day too." Fly shot back "So what does that prove?"

"Besides it's to tidy up. Not to get some trim. Jesus." Darren rolled their eyes "The whole things bullshit."

Sasha nodded "Why do you think the person who made the accusation wants to stay anonymous?"

"Yeah, well if someones made this up, it's a pretty messed up thing to do." Missy mused.

"You don't lie about rape." Fly scoffed.

Dusty's eyes widened "Woah, who said anything about rape?"

"Miss. Obah's a teacher, Amerie's her student." Fly reminded him "Statutory rape is still rape."

Ant swallowed thickly "Why would someone even do that?"

Spider looked across the quad, spotting Harper leaning on a tree nearby "Yeah, nice one Harps. Really outdone yourself this time."

"Just leave it, man." Dusty told him "At least SLTs is cancelled."

"Who cares about a stupid class?" Fly shot him a look "Amerie is--"