CHAPTER TWELVE

BACK FROM THE DEAD

BACK FROM THE DEAD

______💔______

AMERIE'S party was in full swing, her house littered with their peers and their friends when the Wadia girl dragged Darren and Fly to the sofa to do shots. Sitting between the Bride of Frankenstein and the Angel of Death, Fly set her plastic scythe on the floor before pulling down the hood of her short black dress just as Amerie handed her a glass "Feliz navidad, queens!"

"Yes, feliz navidad." Darren agreed after downing the shot, Fly doing the same with a grimace "I am a completely, utterly, spiritually and hormonally done with Ca$h. He's an asshole."

Fly swallowed thickly knowing what really stood between Darren and Ca$h was his essay mates. That Ca$h was too terrified to break away. She understood, she knew how far they could go.

"Shush now. No more drama." Amerie ordered as she filled their glasses once more "Drink up."

Fly nodded, breathing out slowly after downing her second shot "She's right, no dick talk tonight. They're irrelevant. They're--"

"Right here." Darren muttered.

Fly followed their stare to find Malakai, Spider, Ant and Dusty walking in at the same time much to their chagrin. While Dusty was a knight, Spider an eyeliner wearing vampire and Ant a skeleton, Malakai had come as himself, twister in hand and he held it up awkwardly "Hey, I didn't realise this was gonna go off."

"Oh, yeah. All those people just kind of started showing up." She frowned "Um, you didn't bring any..."

"No. Not drinking tonight." He admitted.

Amerie nodded "Okay, uh, make yourself at home or whatever."

Dusty smirked as he stepped forward, gaze landing on Amerie "Well, well, well. Didn't take you for the house-trashing type Ms. Wadia."

"I am now." She shrugged with a grin.

Dusty smiled "Wanna dance?"

Amerie glanced to Malakai who looked to her hopefully before tearing her eyes away and nodding with a smile "Sure, let's go."