Eleven: a little love letter

In the bustling frontier town of Santana do Livramento, Alisa meets with Keal, a seasoned werewolf and the de facto leader of Santana pack in his office

Keal, a man with a piercing gaze hidden behind his glasses, greeted Alisa with a cordial nod. "Hey," he said, his voice deep and resonant, "Would you care to have a drink?"

Alisa politely declined. She had come to discuss matters of grave importance, not to indulge in social pleasantries.

"All right," Keal said, a hint of amusement in his tone, "how are the kids? How are they handling without Bruce?"

Bruce had been the previous alpha of Alisa's pack, a charismatic and powerful werewolf who had fallen in battle, leaving a gaping void in the pack's leadership.

"Well, we still haven't picked the next alpha yet," Alisa replied, her voice a mixture of concern and resignation.

Keal nodded, his expression thoughtful. "I see. But... what would happen if a war were to break out?" he asked, his voice taking on a more serious tone.

Alisa's heart skipped a beat. She had heard rumors of unrest among some of the Northern Alliance werewolves, forces that were fiercely opposed to the peace agreements that had been forged between the Southern Union and the Northern Alliance.

"Do you mean with the werewolves?" Alisa asked, her voice tense.

Keal's gaze met hers, his eyes flickering with a mix of worry and determination. "Precisely," he said. "Among some of the Northern Alliance werewolves, there are forces who are opposed to the peace agreements. I'm sure you're familiar with Raven's Peak's public love letters?"

Alisa's brow furrowed. "Raven's Peak is one of us, if I recall. A member of the Southern Union," she said.

"That's right," Keal said, leaning back in his chair. "Raven's Peak and Mystic Grove. A happy marriage between two forces who were once enemies. It was basically a symbolic gesture to tell the surrounding lands that there is no conflict."

But the underlying tension in Keal's voice hinted at a deeper truth. The marriage between Raven's Peak and Mystic Grove might have been symbolic, but it was also fragile. And if the forces opposed to peace were to gain the upper hand, the consequences could be devastating.

The Land of Mystic Grove, a boat carrying Jason, Shaina, Howl, and Sara gently glides through the tranquil waters. The air is thick with anticipation as they approach the enchanting city. With a sense of wonder, they disembark and step onto the cobblestone streets, where a solitary soldier awaits their arrival.

Together, they follow the soldier through the bustling city streets. The air is filled with the sounds of merchants haggling, the laughter of children playing, and the chatter of travelers from far-off lands. The group marvels at the towering spires, the intricate carvings on the buildings, and the lush gardens that adorn the city squares.

As they walk, they encounter various inhabitants of Mystic Grove. There are wise elders who share ancient tales and prophecies, playful sprites who flit through the air, and mystical creatures that roam the streets. The group navigates the city's winding alleys and hidden courtyards, discovering secrets and uncovering clues that will lead them on a journey of adventure and self-discovery.

As the sun begins to set, they reach their destination: a grand villa that stands at the heart of Mystic Grove. The group exchanges glances, their hearts filled with a mix of excitement and trepidation. They know that their arrival in this enchanted land is just the beginning of an extraordinary adventure that awaits them.

"Halt! Who goes there?" the soldier demanded, his voice echoing through the air.

Jason stepped forward, his eyes meeting the soldier's gaze. "I am Jason Gary, and these are my companions," he replied, his voice confident yet respectful. "We have come a long way, seeking audience with Sabelina Drossel."