Chapter 106 - His Favourite Cousin - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Honestly, of everything you've told me so far, this is the most unbelievable thing," Riley declared.

"Does it help if I say that I asked him to teach me to drive and he said he didn't want to be alone in the car with me?" Evan mentioned and laughed.

"He calls me Princess Dumbass," Angie chimed in.

"Because you're always hitting on his mum," Aiden interjected.

Riley's face spoke volumes.

"You have to remember Mama Olivia, that's my only argument. Anyone who knows her has to have a crush on her." Angie threw up her hands in a defensive gesture and seemed more than satisfied with her answer.

"I'm gay," Riley reminded her, but then his expression changed for a second and he added. "But I get what you mean."

This time it was Evan who turned to his cousin in shock. "She bought me and my friends a beer once because we weren't old enough and even told us where to take it so no one would find out."

"That's my Mama Olivia." Angie smiled in delight.

"She once told Michael that I should come over more often because I was a good influence on him. You should have seen the look on his face," Evan laughed.

Riley laughed too, but then turned the conversation in a slightly different direction again. "What about Ryan? Is he like his cousin?"

"Kinda," Evan answered first, tilting his head in a gesture that said he'd had to think about his answer. "Ryan and Michael are best friends, and although they're similar in many ways, Ryan is much friendlier. He's very kind and good-hearted. He always tries to make everyone feel included and generally tends to help everyone."

"He is very polite and patient. The complete opposite of Evan," Angie quickly added.

"I'd argue with that, but she's right." Evan turned to his cousin and shrugged his shoulders.

Riley laughed briefly before his expression changed and he seemed to hesitate over his next words. "I'd like to meet him sometime," he finally said.

"I can call him right now if you want," Evan replied promptly, pulling his mobile phone out of his pocket. "You don't have to, of course, but if it helps, he knows about you. Angie and I have told him quite a lot, I think."

"He's the nicest person ever," Lola chimed in supportively.

"Okay. Let's call him." Riley let himself be persuaded, but it was obvious that he was still nervous about this meeting, even if it was only over the phone.

"You've got nothing to worry about," Evan assured him as he searched for Ryan's profile on his phone so he could video call him. As soon as he clicked the call button, he adjusted the phone so that he was in the picture but Riley hadn't moved any closer to be seen.

It only took a few seconds before there was a "Hang on a second, love." Ryan and Michael's room appeared on the screen, but Ryan was nowhere to be seen. Yet a soft smile appeared on Evan's face, his cheeks darkening thanks to the nickname his mate had used.

Before Ryan showed up, however, another Saunders was seen on the screen. Michael walked by and didn't seem to care that Evan was calling. "Hi, Michael." He paused for a second, glanced at the screen, but then continued on to his bed.

"Hey!" Evan shouted at him.

"Nope," Michael replied, not coming back.

"Why not?" Evan asked in confusion.

"Princess Dumbass has been spamming me with pictures for two days now. I don't want to hear about your trip ever again." Despite the seriousness of Michael's words, Evan couldn't help but chuckle. And he wasn't the only one.