To Italy, Together

Hearing what the last wish of Fabio was, Cha Young choked on her drink.

So they were really loyal companions.

Seeing Cha Young coughing, Vincenzo passed his handkerchief to her as if own default which Cha Young didn't hesitate to take.

'' I'm sorry, this was a bit out of my imagination.'' said Cha Young, while getting her posture back.

'' It's alright Miss Hong, my reaction was quite the same, when I read the letter.''

For a while then, there was silence, both of them busy with their own thoughts.

Out of the blue, Vincenzo spoke '' You told me at the hospital, Miss Hong, that you've spent the most of your childhood in Italy?''

''Yes, I graduated from my law school there too.'' answered Cha Young.

'' Do you plan on going back to Italy?''

This was something Cha Young hadn't thought about but she knew that except for their old home in Korea, there's nothing left for her. Her father had started a new life in Italy again and everything was settled there for them.

'' Sooner or later, I'll have to go back, byenhosanim, there's nothing left for me here. Korea has fond memories of my childhood, but I've also experienced the death of my parents here.'' With a sad smile on her face, Cha Young spoke these words. Her eyes all distant and lost.

Whereas Vincenzo thought that they really were similar. Korea reminds him of painful memories that he wants to forget. A wound in his heart starts paining when he thinks of his biological mother.

Getting out of his somber thoughts, Vincenzo makes his mind clear. This isn't like any situation he's ever dealt with.

This is a foreign territory for him.

This isn't like any complicated situation he's find himself stuck in.

He hasn't ever dated except when Antonella forced him to date Francessca, a member of Giordano family.

They broke up as he wasn't giving time to their relationship and was always busy with work.

He can kill people with 150 different ways but if you ask him about these matters, it's all unknown to him.

'' Oh, Vincenzo, mio figlio, I hope you find a woman who can deal with your boring personality''.

That's what his mama said to him, once.

And, this isn't any woman, she is...

'' Byeonosanim?'' Cha Young spoke a bit louder than usual. This man had been lost in his thoughts for more than 10 minutes.

'' Aaah, mianhe, Miss Hong.''

'' Are you alright? You've been struggling with your own thoughts for the past ten minutes.''

'' Ahh, ye, there are some matters, I have to sort out.''

'' What matters?'' Don't ask why Cha Young is like this. She's always curious and inquisitive and since meeting this man, she can feel the colors of the old Cha Young, shading in again.

Since meeting this man, she's been curious about many things, especially mafia.

She has a billion of questions for him.

No, she isn't scared of him.

Why should she be scared?

Her father has spent his life working with the father of this man.

He's no danger, Cha Young thinks.

In fact, Cha Youn won't hesitate to say that he's kind.

Vincenzo was slightly surprised by her sudden curiosity. But instead replied ''Nothing much Miss Hong, as I was saying previously... '' He cleared his throat. ''When are you going back to Italy?''

'' I can't tell a specific time but probably soon...'' spoke Cha Young.

Vincenzo has made up his mind. His father wants him to take care of this woman.

He'll do it.

He'll protect her and train her to protect herself.

He can do that.

He'll make sure she's safe and living a comfortable life.

He'll erase the thought of marriage for now.

'' Miss Hong?''

'' Hmm?'' Cha Young spoke while sipping her iced coffee.

'' I have to return to Italy too and you'll leave soon too. So, I was wondering.... If it's not a problem for you and if you don't mind.... Why not we go together?''

This took a huge piece of courage of Vincenzo Cassano.

He knew this had to be done soon. Soon.

He anxiously waits for her approval.

He's never been anxious.

Not even when he, for the first time shot someone.

Cha Young was taken back.

It's their first proper meeting and this man in front of her is asking her to go back to Italy with him.

Cha Young can't deny that she's impressed by the guts of this man. First, speaking so honestly about marriage. Now, a proposal to travel with him.

She can't see any valid reason to say no. She's always travelled with her father. And solo travelling may not sound like a good idea to her.

Though her brain says no, she follows her heart and agrees.

'' It's not a bad idea, Mr. Cassano but I don't want to be a burden on you. You have things to look after....''

'' It's totally fine Miss Hong. You're not a burden.''

Instead, a new responsibility. That pesky little voice in his head says.

''I'll book the tickets of next Monday, to Milan, if that's alright with you.''

Cha Young's just nervous and doubting her decision. She nods in response with a little smile on her face and sips her coffee.

Now she's in a taxi heading home. Vincenzo did ask to drop her off, but she refused. He's already doing a lot for her. She doesn't know much about him but he's really like a light guiding her the way.

She had been so done with her life, a few days earlier but now things are looking up.

She's going to go back to Italy and perhaps start looking for a firm to join.

For now, she just wants to empty her mind and relax.

il mio primo e ultimo amoreजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें