Campaign 2.3

Opening the door, Zero had a bit of concern with possible risks to his plans. 05 was busy moving around an unpowered databank that was used to store the edited memories, along with 08 sitting against the wall, holding a data tablet as he examined the program. 011 was in the tank still, developing. 5 more days, then they will be ready for a release and have the information programed in her. However, 010 was gone, that was what concerned him. 

"08, report, if you would." Zero asked.

"010....did trigger, however....power fluxuation from the suspected detonation of a bomb near a power relay station we've been siphoning from lead to an complication during memory programming. Process was 50% completed, they woke up fully, that mixed with the surge lead to them triggering. Code got messed up with minor damage. It's probably best if we scrap the data." 08 said, rubbing his chin.

"And 05?" Zero asked, walking around the wires on the ground.

"The hardware is good, but the programmer blew a circuit, turned the steady flow into a tsunami of information.  At best we now are looking for a kid with mental issues, at worst, a scared child who doesn't know what's happened to them. I might be good for 011, they will be a blank slate, develop a personality as they experience life." 05 explained.

Zero was....displeased. However, the pair of mechanical tinkerers of Zero gang were not harmed, and neither truly specialized in Bio-tinker tech, like Cranial did. Sure the hardware was usable, but they couldn't match the creator's ability, without more information on the equipment, information, they lacked.

"I should have examined everything before we began to imprint memories on 010, seeing it as his own fault." Zero stated.

"It wasn't something we had control of. Now we just need to make sure that we find 010 and get them back before they are harmed." 05 said.

"We already have.....the problem is that they are in PRT hands, and are waiting for someone to claim them." 08 said.

"That is a, less than optimal situation. Can we have 01 or 09 retrieve them and return them to us?" Zero asked, as he approached 010's tank and ran his hand against the glass.

05 was quiet for a bit, before then pulling himself together and stepped away from the databanks.

"01 would raise too many flags. Can't do that. 09.....low success rate. Hmmmmm. A potential opportunity has come up. 010's situation as an unknown, with no clear parent can present a chance for them to be a more long term plant in the Wards program. 09 would be able to mentor them in a way, having them get use to similar tactics, then when the time comes, we can....bring them back into the gang." 05 stated.

08 got up and looked at 011.

"But.....what if they aren't....like us?" 08 asked.

Zero placed his hand on 08's shoulder.

"Then we accept them as they are. Nothing is ever exactly as we expected, and I prefer the flaws that exists." Zero explained, looking at 08.

"Thank you, Zero." 08 said.

"Shall I send the message to 09 on the plan?" 05 asked.

"Yes, having him aware will be beneficial." Zero explained.

05 left the lab.

"Zero. I will need to take leave for a bit. I am needing to meet with an associate." 08 stated.

"Enjoy your date. Just be cautious, please." Zero said.

"It's not a date, sir. I am wanting to discuss how to improve the stealth field generator with her, and I was going to assist on a directional signal jammer in return." 08 said.