42 | vision

"Aankhein milne ki zaroorat nahi,
Bas ek nazar hi kaafi hai,
Iss shayar ke dil mein bhi ek raaz hai,
Jo kabhi khula hai, kabhi band hai."

~ Author ~

~ Author ~

Mumbai, India

Kabir and Meher locked eyes, the silence between them palpable. Meher's gaze darted from Kabir to the TV screen, her mind racing with questions. What connected Utkarsh's murder to the Statue of Justice? And why did she receive that eerie message? Kabir's expression was a mask of contemplation, his eyes narrowed in thought.

"We need to find out what links you to Utkarsh," he said, his voice low and serious.

Meher shook her head, her brow furrowed in confusion. "I've never even met him before."

Kabir's gaze intensified. "Then why are you receiving these messages? And what's the connection to the Statue of Justice?"

Meher's shoulders sagged, her eyes dropping to the floor. "I don't know, Kabir. I just don't know."

The room fell silent, the only sound the hum of the TV in the background. Meher's mind was a jumble of thoughts, her heart racing with fear and uncertainty. Who was behind these messages? And what did they want from her?

"What's the plan now, Meher?" Kabir asked, breaking the silence.

Meher pursed her lips, thinking hard. "I think we should talk to Officer Mistry."

Kabir raised an eyebrow. "About?"

"Tara's letter," Meher replied. "It was covered up as a suicide, but Anushka's letter vaguely matched hers. I think we should tell the police about it."

Kabir's expression turned sceptical. "Will Officer Mistry believe you? And what about the message you received?"

Meher's eyes narrowed. "If she doesn't believe it, I'm afraid I'll have to take matters into my own hands. About the message, let's wait for a while until we have something concrete."

Kabir's expression turned grave, his eyes widening with concern. "Meher, we can't risk you taking matters into your own hands. We need to work with the police to ensure your safety and uncover the truth."

Meher nodded reluctantly, knowing Kabir was right. "I know, but I can't shake off the feeling that time is running out. We need to act fast. Even if we are working with the police, I will work independently on the side."

"We will work together," Kabir emphasised letting her know that he wasn't leaving her alone in any of this.

Kabir's phone rang, breaking the silence that had fallen between them. He answered, his expression serious as he listened to the voice on the other end. Meher watched him speaking animatedly.