27 | a cocktail for a dance

"Dil jude ya na jude, saath toh humein aana hi hai"

* Do listen to Pashmina while you read this chapter *

~ Author ~

Three Weeks Later

Jaipur, India

Everything was in complete chaos. It was even worse than what the preparations for the engagement had been, as it was the wedding week.

And today they all had reached Jaipur for the wedding. It was Meher's idea to do a destination wedding, at the Marigold hotel.

Arya, holding a record player, bolts down the hallway at a crushing speed until she slips and falls on her ass when her mother calls her from one of the rooms. "What now, Mom?" She wailed. "I have to unpack!"

"Beta, please come here and get ten more orders of the sarees," Divya requested, passing her the sheet, "Get it sorted, okay? We need to give it to the relatives."

"Mom, for the last time, I don't own a saree shop. Why me?" she screeched and rushed out of the place. She entered her room which she shared with Meher, who was unpacking her outfits for the event and was sitting alone, getting some rest.

Arya shut the door in anger and dropped herself on the bed beside Meher. "What happened, now?" she asked her, looking at her worn off face.

"Mom thinks that I am running a saree shop instead of a fashion firm. Fashion firm, you hear it Meher? But still, for the last three days, all I have been doing is calling people to get me sarees. Also, how can the number of relatives increase?" She screeched. "At this point, I feel like we will have a thousand guests over the wedding."

"Will that many people come to Jaipur?" Meher asked out of curiosity.

Arya shrugged. "Who knows? Anyways, did you talk to Pranav about the arrangements?"

Meher nodded. "I just came back from the meeting. Surprisingly, he was very friendly and soft while we had the conversation."

Arya's eyes grew bigger. "Pranav Sharma and soft? Did the sun rise from the west? When did that man who literally beat anyone and everyone has turned soft?"

Meher smiled, thinking about him. "Some instances change people. He has changed a lot over the years."

"I heard Aditya Dhyani is looking over the catering. But, tell me one thing, what is Chirag doing here?" Meher laughed at her annoyance. "He is a guest. Treat him with respect," she chastised her playfully.

"As if," she scoffed. "Tell me again, do these four best friends need some reason to stay with each other even if they are settled in different cities?"

Meher smiled ruefully. "At this point of time when one of the four is struggling, yes I think so," she referred to Akanksha Agarwal, scratch that, Akanksha Singh Chauhan.