19 | gamble

"Woh aag ka lagna baaki hai janab, ab toh do ruthon ko manana hai janab"

~ Author ~

One Month Later

Mumbai, India

It was a time for decisions. So many things had changed since Meher's accident. There was a raging storm in the country after the revelation of the perpetrator of New Year Serial Murders. Companies were holding out their board meetings, investors were pulling out, and it was a mess because every single company who were related to them in some way were facing the consequences.

It was a tough time for the Marigold Group.

A board meeting was held by the AV Group as well, discussing their future with the Marigold Group. Meher, who had almost recovered from her injuries, sat in the furthest corner of the room, listening to the arguments between the board members.

Kabir too was silent during the entire exchange. According to him, the board was going dramatic as if the Marigold was going bankrupt. Though it's a difficult situation, there won't be a situation of bankruptcy for at least the next few generations.

Kabir looked at his watch for the umpteenth time. He was supposed to meet with Anika Tyagi and Naresh Agarwal regarding the future of their investments and business ties.

No, he wasn't going to pull out of their partnership. The Agarwals— though their family might be twisted, had a strong sense of responsibility towards their hotel. It was indeed the best. Though the trust might have shaken, it was also restored in some way due to a certain Agarwal.

"I don't agree with this," one of the board members said, "don't you see the fall in the shares of the Marigold group?"

A sigh from one side of the room drew everyone's attention. It was Kabir. Meher looked at him too, he looked clearly very annoyed by the situation.

"You have anything to say, Kabir?" Vikas asks him, feeling that he might want to add something relevant. Meher straightened herself and turned her chair towards the crowd. She was suddenly very interested in what he had to say.

"A fool will decide to back out from the partnership," he said, casually leaning back on his chair.

Mr. Ranavat, one of the board members who were in favour of cutting ties with the Marigold Group was utterly astonished by Kabir's answer. "And why is that?"

"I don't think you watch the news, Mr. Ranavat," he tsked, making Meher scoff at his antics. "The shares prices of the company have dropped significantly, but now if you look recently, it is gaining momentum. They have a strong backing and have been in this business before anyone of us. Don't you think we will be calling for war by pulling out from this partnership?"

Mr. Ranavat looked utterly unsatisfied with his answer. In fact, he was enraged. "Their family is associated with a serial killer," the air tensed suddenly as the words flew out of his mouth. Though everyone knew what had happened, none of them had dared to speak about it.