37 | honeymoon woes

"Ek tha raja, ek thi rani, mile jo dono huyi barbaadi"

~ Author ~

Andaman And Nicobar Islands, India

The couple stared at each other in silence. The shock was too much to bear. The sound of heels echoed in that silent compartment of the jet to let them know that they could leave now.

Meher grabbed her bag from the table and was the first one to walk out, unable to handle the tension that had ensued in there. A few minutes later, Kabir followed and noticed that a car was already waiting outside, for their escort.

He chose not to sit in the back with Meher and took the shotgun along with the driver. Meher sighed and turned her head to look outside, taking in the surroundings. As they hit the road, a smile took over her face as she remembered coming here was on her bucket list, something that the twins were aware of. She never got time to plan a trip to this place, something was never right. Either the age or the time.

"Hello, Sir," she turned to look ahead, my eyes meeting with our driver through the mirror. "Ma'am," he smiled at me. Meher awkwardly returned the smile, waiting for him to respond. "I am Malhar Pandey, at your service. Mr. Aryan Raizada has booked me to accompany you whenever and wherever you want to travel."

Meher hummed. "So are you a tour guide or a driver?" Malhar laughed, his easygoing laughter filling the silent car, bringing down the tension. "Both, you can say even though this is a side job."

"A side job?" Meher was curious, she shifted to sit in the middle so she could properly converse with the guy.

"Yup," he nodded, "I actually work here as the Department head of the Marigold Luxe Villas, which is by the way your home for the next few days. And, we have flexible timings here, thanks to the hybrid mode. So I usually wrap up all the important work and then become a tour guide for the guests," he winked at Meher through the mirror.

Meher giggled, a small blush coating her cheeks. Kabir, who was intently listening to the conversation, straightened up when he noticed the guy openly flirting with his wife. He finally got his shit together and wrapped his head around the fact that he was currently on an island with Meher and some guy who claimed to be a tour guide was flirting with her, the latter openly responding to his actions.

The guy was definitely around his age, a bit leaner and clean shaven. He had long curly hair, which he hated to admit, did suit him a lot.

"How long have you been here, Mr Pandey?" Meher shoots another question.

"It's my third year now," he happily answers and then adds, "It's just Malhar."

Before Meher could ask any further, Kabir cleared his throat aloud, making the two stop from conversing. "When are we reaching the resort, just Malhar?" He almost grits, plastering a fake smile on his face.